Argo 2's Supreme Commander on a Shopping Trip (Leo)

POV: Leo

((@ the Mall...))

We ran over minor problems on our trip to the supermarket. Just a few stymphalian birds that Jason just zapped, a couple of giants that couldn't run fast enough and other things.

"Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame!" I sang. "Man, sing with me!"

"No. You are crazy." He retorted. We were going a 100 miles per hour while my jam was playing loudly on Davis' built-in stereo.

"Where there is a flame, there's me Leo, hot stuff." Jason groaned as I continued on singing my own version of P!nk's Try. "But just because it burns doesn't mean I'm not a cool guy... Come and kiss me now, come try and try and try..." I made that one on the spot. See my proud face. "Do you think your sister will like that?" I asked as we pulled on the parking lot. It was already open, thank the gods.

"Thalia and her hunters will probably kill you if you sing that to her." Jason commented. I just laughed. A guy could always hope right? Even if the girl had sworn off men for all her eternal life.

We made our shopping trip quick. "Iron man underwear? Seriously man?" Jason asked when I quickly shoved a 3-piece pack in our cart. Jason had got some clothes for himself too and we took some jackets and shirts for Piper. I got several dozens of shirts, pants and underpants, just to be sure And the Iron man set looked really cool. I flushed. "Leo, nose fire."

I patted my nose. "What?! I like Iron Man. You could get the Superman pack, too. Come on, man, I won't judge." I have seen him eying it before. Jason turned red and the indecision in his face made me laugh. Finally, he gave in and did took the Superman in his size.

"You tell that to anyone and I'd kill you." He taunted. I just grinned at him. Oh, I am not promising anything. I would be challenging everyone to a truth or dare soon.

When we got to the check out counter, our cart was already overflowing with clothes. The cashier woman looked at us skeptically. "Uh, cash or card?" I gave her a black card with a Greek delta in metallic blue embossed in front. She swiped and it seemed she found nothing wrong for she proceeded with packing our purchases.

"Where did you get that?" Jason asked in a low voice,eyeing the card curiously.

"Annabeth. Told her it was an emergency and gave me one." I said with a grin. "She understands me, man."

"Uhhh,right. I just realized, why didn't you just pull clothes from you tool kit?"

"I can't just always pull clothes from there, it needs some recharging at times. And the clothes really are un-stylish. Not fit for the captain of Argo 2." I joked.

"You seriously need some help." He said while fighting not to laugh. I gave him my signature grin and thumbs-up.

We got out from the mall with almost a dozen of of big, heavy bags. Each. "How are we going to take this back to camp?" Jason asked, struggling to hold all of our purchases together. Who knew clothes could be so heavy?

"No worries." We reached Davis and I tapped its seat, mentally connecting with the machine. It roared to life responding to my touch. I so love my dad for this. "Passenger seat please."

At one side of Davis, two bronze metal poles extended, expanded and unfolded, connecting the sheets of metals to form a passenger carriage next to the motorcycle. "Ola. Davis 2.0 type 2."

Jason grinned and he tapped my shoulders, looking very much impressed. I tucked that picture away to my mental files of rare-impressing-Jason-moments. It's a rare occasion and it always felt like an achievement to surprise him. I would forget for a second that I'm just a lowly mechanic. The often third, unneeded wheel.

I shook the negative thoughts away. Jason was a good friend and I knew he's too noble to think that way. Which made me feel a bit more ashamed. "Shall we go?" I smiled, burying the feelings away to the deepest corner of my mind.

He took the passenger seat with all of the bags. I cranked up an Alicia Keys song and pulled out from the parking lot. I sang again. "This boy is on Fiiiirrrreeeee!" Singing seemed to help me forget many things. It's one of my coping strategies.

"Faaah-yeeeer!!!" Jason's voiced suddenly rang in the air. I looked at him in surprise. "What?! I can't just let you have all the fun. Share the lime light, Leo." He said grinning then bellowed at the same time as Alicia screamed, "Faaaah-yeeeer...!"

I laughed. And we sang until we returned back to camp. Hopefully, Piper had managed to keep Chiron oblivious to our absence. I was starting to not mind the whole third wheel thing. Well, I knew I have cool, demigodly awesome friends.

*****

I like Leo! I'm on Team Leo (though Percy is still my first love). I have P!nk's Try on my playlist now and it just reminds me of my favorite flame boy...