We Had An Ordinary Movie Date (Annabeth)

POV: Annabeth

((@ Manhattan...))

During our last month-sary date in Paris, Percy and I made a bucket list of places where we would want to kiss. (I hope Mom is not reading this. And no, I didn't get the idea from Aphrodite.) It just seemed like a good idea.

Kissing underwater. Check.
5000ft in the air while riding a Pegasus. Done that.
In the elevator on our way to Mt. Olympus. Did it without Mom knowing.
On the very top of Eiffel Tower. Oh yes, with many thanks to Lord Hermes.

The list was getting longer so I figured we could plan it. And this day was my plan. I've heard Percy say that he wanted to try living a normal, mundane, and very undemigod-like life. So we were here at the movies, like every normal couple I read from the romance books Rachel had given me. (And yes, I occasionally read romance novels! Wisdom can be found on many things. Just don't ask me what wisdom I found in romance books.

Okay, moving on...)

Kissing while watching a movie. That's pretty normal and ordinary.

Percy held my hand while the other was busy digging through the bowl I smuggled out from camp. It was now currently filled with cheese-flavored blue popcorn and he and I were sharing. I sipped from my glass - also one of the few I got from camp, courtesy of the Stoll brothers - which has filled itself with blue diet coke. It had made Percy grin to see that I was starting to get influenced by all the hype with the blue thing. And I truly was, the foods didn't taste any different and they reminded me of Percy, so that in my book, made eating blue food better.

My eyes were mostly on the screen but when I glanced towards Percy, I would always find him glancing back at me. Even in the dim cinema, I could clearly see his expression. Maybe because I have memorized every angles of his face in my mind. From his perpetual messy dark hair to his beautiful sea green eyes, to the contours and planes of his face and his nicely bowed, firm, soft and sweet and salty lips. I smiled feeling the warmth coursed in my body.

"Annabeth..." He called softly, an earnest look was in his face.

"What is it?" I asked, my heart was doing some erratic beating in my chest now. I felt his hand tighten on mine.

His face got closer and my pulse skyrocketed. I got a confession to make. I may act all cool and in control with this relationship - someone needs to be in control in this relationship - but every time Percy do something like this, I get a bit crazy. "Will..." He started and I swallowed. "You..." I stopped breathing as he continued. "Design a food making machine that could make a giant house made of blue jello?" He finished excitedly.

"Yes-wait what?!"

His eyes were back to the screen. "That looks very fun." In the movie, Flint Lockwood and Sam Sparks were bouncing up and down and even doing some canon ball in a giant house of jello.

I laughed, half hiding my embarrassment. Okay, what was I thinking. "You are out of your mind."

His lips pursed. "I guess that's a no?" I shook my head. "You won't even consider-"

"Percy..."

"No? Oh." He said looking very much disappointed so i kissed his cheek.

"Fine! I'll think about it." I said. "But don't get your hopes up! Using jello as a building material is so impractical."

He laughed. I broke out laughing too. "Shhh..." Someone behind us shushed. We stopped and just giggled silently to ourselves. Okay, so I could have picked a more romantic movie  for our purpose but I really wanted to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Percy did too.

A sweet, slow melody played from the movie and I turned to find it in a cozy, romantic scene. I glanced at Percy and he was looking at me. He had stopped digging through our popcorn and had the decency to wipe the flavoring powder in his hand and mouth with a wad of tissue. I didn't tell him that he didn't have to do it. That I don't mind a cheese popcorn tasting Percy. I leaned closer to him. He wagged his eyebrows with a knowing smile.

Oh, Seaweed brain. Then we kissed. The good proper, thorough kiss. Not a peck, or a smack but a kiss kiss. And Percy was really getting good at it.  I couldn't help but threw my arms around his neck to pull him more to me. I wanted him closer.

Then a ruffle reached my ears amidst the sounds in the cinema. All my senses opened up and I went into Demigod Alert mode. Percy heard it too and his hand now held a ready to be uncapped Riptide. He looked at me all serious like and we ended our kiss by springing on our feet, dagger and sword at the ready, turned back and prepared in a fighting stance. I barely registered in my head our bowl of popcorn that now lay clattered on the floor.

"Seriously, you two are at the wrong cinema." A familiar female voice said.

"Thalia?" I muttered in surprise as my eyes adjusted in the dark. I saw a familiar figure sitting behind our seats. Actually, I saw many familiar figures.

"Nico?" Percy said, confused. "Is that the Stolls- wait is the whole camp in here?!" He sounded like he's going to be sick and I echoed his sentiment. How the heck in Hades did we not notice them?!

Our friends smiled and waved at us. Some looked ashamed while the others were grinning at us stupidly.

"Brother don't like the movie?" Tyson muttered. "Brother not watching?" He asked innocently, his voice a bit sad.

The others laughed and I felt my blood crept up to my face. I sensed Percy's discomfort too but we were saved when a couple of shushing and will-you-sit-down came from the other people watching. We dutifully sat back in silence.

I looked at Percy and there was a wicked gleam in his eyes. "I am going to have them pay back for this." He whispered. "No one messes with our date. No one."

I learned to him and gave him a brief kiss on the lips. Someone, I guessed it was Thalia, kicked our seats. I felt myself smiling evilly, I already feeling sorry for them. But just a tinsy bit. They deserved to be taught a lesson for sneaking at us like this. "Go get them for me."

As it rained steaks in the movie, I heard a splash and a chorus of 'hey's and curses behind us. Percy sat closer to me and I rested my head on his shoulder with a grin. I didn't have to look behind to know that our friends just took a collective shower of sodas and juice. Serves them right for spying on us. Percy and I were both chuckling as we watched the rest of the movie, perfectly comfortable and dry.

*****

I had an image of the cinema flooded because of Percy... but then that wouldn't really fall into the ordinary category. Maybe next time. Chose Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs as the movie because at the PJ Otime-line, it was the movie that I liked and that occurred on the same time as this story...