Fi-fi-first Blood...! (Jason)

POV: Jason

((The Seven in Argo 2...))

At first I was excited for the truth or dare game that Piper had thought about. It was a chance to bond with the rest of the seven and it sounded fun.

Oh it was fun alright. But not when it's your turn to do a ridiculous dare.

"No, everyone should swear to the River Styx that once dare or truth was chosen then there can be no backies." Leo said passionately.  "No lying, demigods honor. And you, Pipes and Hazel, can't use charmspeak or magic to escape okay?"

"You are being ridiculous, Leo." Frank said. "It's just a game."

Leo scowled. "Oh no, it's not bear boy."

"Does even a swear on the River Styx works for such games like this?" Piper asked who was leaning casually on me. I didn't mind. In fact, I really loved being close to her warmth. That and she always smell so good, I could just burry my face in her hair.

We all turned to Hazel who grimaced. "Sorry guys. I'm not really sure about that. I'm not the expert."

"Then let's ask Nico." Percy suggested perking up and was already fishing a drachma from his pocket. Annabeth had finally let him go and much like Piper and me, they were leaning to each other cozily.

"Uhm. I don't think that's a good idea." I said. The last time we Iris messaged Nico wasn't really pleasant. He had all his defenses up and was scowling like we were the last people he wanted to see. I'd like to do him a favor to at least spare him the antagonizing feelings especially when Percy and Annabeth looked so sweet. Also, we all noticed the difference in his behavior towards Reyna. They might need some space. I hope they're really getting along as well as the girls thought.

"Why not?" Annabeth asked. "I'd like to ask them if they managed to arrive at the sea of monsters in one piece."

Oh right. That. Uhm. Annabeth has a point. I have nothing to say to that. I sent Nico a silent apology. Sorry, dude.

Leo took a little flashlight fitted with a prism and instantly created a rainbow for us.

"O Fleecy, do me a solid . Show me Nico and Reyna. They're probably in the Sea of Monsters now. Thanks." Percy chanted out loud and threw the golden coin in the rainbow.

The scene before was breathtaking in a good and weird way.

We were greeted with a black sand beach with glittering clear sea and bright sky in the background. The beach looked actually good and inviting, the black sand only seem to make the water clearer and fresher. The black sand were like mini scattered jewels glinting under the sunlight. That was breath taking good.

And then there's Reyna and Nico.

I looked at the equally stunned expressions around me that were now slowly grinning with a mischievous look.

Reyna had Nico trapped with her body by the edge of the water. It looked like they just finished sparing because of the weapons they still held (I hoped and guessed that it was so since Reyna rarely went into a real fight without her armor, no matter who her enemy was) and were now just talking.

The two still hadn't noticed us. We watched silently as Reyna laughed at Nico. Frank, Hazel, Percy and I all exchanged looks. I knew what they were thinking. Reyna never laughed like that. Unguarded, carefree, a loud uncaring guffaw.

"Oh, don't worry. No one's watching anyway." We heard Reyna say while playing with a dagger on her hand. "Oh well, except for your skeleton Fred. And me."

"And us!" Leo suddenly chimed in.

"Valdez?!"

Both Nico and Reyna turned to us with matching horrified looks. Just like the same look in Percy's and Annabeth's faces when we caught them in her cabin 'scratching'.

"Whoa. Easy there roman sister. Don't blame me for interrupting, uh what ever you are doing. We just wanted to ask Nico a question." I wanted to punch Leo and his big mouth. Jeez, he didn't need to embarrass the two further. He just ruined a potentially good mood. And we all had the prime viewing spot. Tsk.

Percy met my eyes. He was grinning wide. One of the things that Percy and I had in common was Reyna. I knew Percy respected and thought highly of her. It's same with me. And there was still a part of me that felt guilty for disappearing from camp Jupiter. I wanted her to find someone like Piper was to me.

Nico too. He deserved to find someone too who would return and share his feelings.

And he and Reyna just looked good together. Could they be? I could feel Piper squeezing hard at my arms. I grinned. That seemed a like good sign, they even got the attention of the tomboy-ish Aphrodite kid.

"What is it?" Nico was obviously pissed.

"We just wanted to ask if swearing on the River Styx also worked for honesty and fairness in truth or dare games." Leo said not even caring to stop winking and giving Nico such suggestive looks. My friend was hopeless.

"What in the Hades, do you guys think? Swearing on the River Styx is sacred!" Nico screamed in outrage.

Leo continued to talk but despite that, the two still didn't break apart. How curious. Oh this was starting to get really intriguing.

"Yes!" Leo suddenly said which broke all my match-making thoughts. "Heard that boys and girls. So no cheating, no bailing out of dares, and answer truthfully, entiendes? Okay. That's all folks! Thank you!" Then he turned the rainbow off.

"Oh my gods!" Piper squealed excitedly when the image vanished. "Did you see them? I told you there's something going on between the two. Oh my! my! They looked sooooo cute! Eeepppp!"

I laughed like the others. "Pipes, you finally sound like a daughter of Aphrodite." I said to my overly excited girlfriend.

She turned to me with her eyes lit up and wide. "I know. Gosh. This is fantastic. They're just so-"

"Cute." Annabeth interrupted with a chuckle.

"Yes!" Hazel agreed with Piper and she too was grinning from ear to ear. "We have to invite them to play. Fleece won't mind right? Just for a few minutes!" Hazel suggested excitedly.

"Right." Wow. Even Annabeth was excited for this. "Also, I haven't asked them how their trip went."

It was Frank's turn call since it was on Hazel's urging. We waited for the image to appear.

We weren't in any bit disappointed.

"Oh! Gods! Jason! They're about to kisssss!!! Oh gods, I can't breathe. Eep." Piper leaned close to me just to whisper those words as low as she could. I couldn't help but admire Piper even more. I rarely saw her like this - almost jumping on her seat with giddiness for others. I kissed her cheek just because she looked so adorable. Piper beamed me a smile. Then quickly returned her attention to the floating rainbow image.

Frank was now mumbling and apologizing before turning off the rainbow creator. He was all red in the face. "Uhm guys, let's not call them again today. I think I saw enough to last a lifetime time."

"What? You're backing away at just that. Come on, Frank. Things were getting exciting!" A cup flew in the air and hit Leo square in the forehead. "Aw!"

"Frank is not a peeping-tom like you, Leo." Hazel said. "My brother and Reyna need privacy." She said resolutely with a satisfied smile on her face. "I like Reyna." She muttered her seal of approval.

"Agreed. I could ask them about the trip later. They seemed to be doing fine anyway." Annabeth said and smiled at Percy who looked as satisfied as Hazel.

"Hay." Piper leaned her head on my shoulder with a dreamy look. Apparently she was coming down now from her high. "Such a wonderful couple."

"Oh geez, girls. Will you stop fan-girling over the two? Are we playing or what?" Leo asked but he too was grinning. It was then that I noticed the little black device in Leo's hand.

"Wait, Leo, is that?"

He flashed his teeth at me. "Oh yes it is, my friend. Reyna and Nico can't scare me now. I have the perfect weapon against them."

Percy laughed. "Oh you are clever, Leo. Did you catch even the first one?" Leo nodded. "How?"

"I prepared it for our game, you know, I want to record everything. Then that happened. It was perfect." Leo boasted, looking so proud of himself.

"Oh hoh. Nico will kill you if he finds out about that." Frank said. "Uhm. Can we watch them again?"

"Frank!" Hazel reprimanded her boyfriend then she turned to Leo. "I'd like a copy of that too, please." She said with a smile.

Everyone cracked up on that. And it ended up with Leo promising to give everyone a copy. "Anyways. About the game. Who will start?" It was Piper who had regained her composure back.

"Oh me! Me!" Percy said immediately, even raising his hands. We all consented. I knew then that it was a bad thing when Percy focused his attention to me. Uh oh. I didn't appreciate the look in his eyes. "Jason. Truth or dare."

"Dare." Of course I said dare. I'm not cowering under his challenge.

"Heh. Heh. Heh."

"Oh man, you're doomed. I never heard Percy's evil laugh before." Frank said with a wince.

"I dare you to take your superman underwear and wear it over your clothes just like Superman did for the rest of the game" Percy said the most tormenting words I ever heard from him.

"Leo!" I glared at my not-so-friend-now. He was the only one who knew about that! "You told him?!"

"I swear I didn't!" Leo backed away from me, even at the point of sitting near Annabeth.

Percy laughed again. "Sorry, Jason. I saw it in the laundry last month. I've been waiting long for this opportunity to come, really." He shot me a can-you-do-it look.

"Fine!" I said and stood up to get that cursed piece of clothing. I should really not have bought it. Hay... Oh well. Too late to turn back now. I quickly put on the article of clothing that would be my ticket to the hall of shame. It was a bright, vero obvious crimson red underwear with a big logo of superman in front. Oh gods. Dang it.

When I reached the deck, they were all waiting for me. I tried to keep my head high despite my discomfort.

I chanted to myself : I'm a strong, very capable and powerful demigod. A little red underwear would not take me down. Heads up, Grace! it's just an underwear.

Holy Jupiter! i'm freaking wearing an underwear like a weirdo!

I repeated the chant in my head to calm myself down. 

Augh!!!!

"Dam! Hahaha! I'm good at this!" Percy.

"Uhm, nice...?" Annabeth.

"Oh gods..." Frank.

"Epp! Jason!!!" Hazel.

"Hehehe. Epic underwear man. We should have gotten you a cape too!" Leo.

"I still love you, Superman." Piper.

Ugggghhhh. I was starting to contemplate jumping over board. "Thanks guys. Please kill me now?" I said when I reached our circle and sat next to Piper.

Percy came over to me and clapped my back. "No man. That took some guts. You have deepest my respect."

"Right. Thanks to you." I said grudgingly. And I'd have to wear this until we finished playing. Double dam.

"Hey Jason, can you pose for the camera?" Leo said when thunder crackled up and the air became heightened with electricity. Thank you father for the powers. "Eekk!" Leo danced around when little bolts of lightning followed him. We all laughed at Leo's little impromptu dance. "Gotcha. Forget I asked. Hehehe. Anyway, who's next?"

"Me." Frank said and started to be lost in deep thought.

I felt Piper leaned close to my ear. "That underwear was ridiculous." She whispered on my ear. "But I still think you're the handsomest guy ever." That took all my embarrassment away and made me smile.

"Gods, I love you."

She gave me a quick kiss and winked. "I know, Sparky. Ditto."

"Oh I know!" Frank turned to the person beside him. "Percy, truth or dare?"

*****

Just because im still obsessing over Nico and Reyna... And Im kind of liking Superman now... just kind of...