A Scandalous Going-Away (Annabeth)

POV: Annabeth

((Before the sailing of Argo 2))

I was alone at my cabin packing the last of my things that I would bring to the trireme. My siblings were outside busy joining the camp for their search for the Stoll brothers. They seriously have a big problem. They couldn't seem to let the camp be in peace from their pranks, goofs, lolly gagging and basically craziness. And since they were brothers, their mischiefs came with twice the trouble.

I'd get my books back later. I also didn't doubt that they'd get enough revenge from the other campers. For now, I needed to prepare for our trip tomorrow. I folded my copy of plans of the Argo 2. Ah. The Argo 2 was a great work of art of mechanical and engineering genius. It was one of the biggest thing the whole camp helped to bring together. Of course, my cabin helped with the designs but it was mostly the work of Hephaestus' cabin, especially Leo, that made it exceptional. The boy was like a working intelligent machine himself. His skills were extremely underestimated. I almost enjoyed having to work with him - with the building of the flying ship - if not for the other pressing problems and dreadful, horrible prophesies we seemed to often have lately.

"Guide us, Mom." I prayed silently despite of Athena's current condition. "I know you're still there. Help us, please."

No answer. Nor there was any sign. I didn't expect to have one but it still weighed my heart down.

Light flashed from Daedalus' laptop. "What?" I didn't remember turning it-

"Hey you! Hallo! Aloha hoy, Annabeth! Here's our little gift for you. Hehehehehe. Enjoy!"

On the screen was the face of Travis and Connor Stoll. I froze. They touched my laptop. THEY FREAKING TOUCHED MY LAPTOP! "STOLLS!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, seething with anger. My fists had crumpled what ever piece of paper that I was holding. "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!"

No one, I mean NO ONE, could touch my things without permission and get away with it. Dam those impish, rascal elves! I would end all their shenanigans-

My train of thought, which now had included torture chambers for the mischievous children of Hermes, was interrupted once again with the picture on the screen. Blood drained from my face.

It was a video clip playing on my laptop. A video of me and Percy, in the canoe lake, underwater, kissing.

Oh Holy Hades' Underpants! Why was there a video of us?! I never knew they took a video of us. Oh my Gods! Mortification filled me. The look on my face. Eeeeek! Percy was glowing underwater, at his home turf. He looked very well at home and every inch of my handsome Seaweed brain. He looked really, really good. Pain momentarily gripped me. I looked at myself int he screen again and cursed. I looked like I'm about to pass out with giddiness from the kiss. Oh Gods-

The clip changed to a different video. There was the loud sound of rushing water. Then my scream. My eyes bugged out in surprise and my jaw just dropped. I heard Percy's and Grover's voice in the background while I screamed. Then Percy joined in with the screaming. The camera shifted its angle and I saw myself and Percy on an two-seater boat, painted with many little hearts. I was clinging onto him tight. The Thrill Ride O'Love. It was most definitely not a thrilling ride to the tunnel of love! I recalled the memory. But the way Percy and I clung to each other and held hands could be misinterpreted as otherwise. Gods, we were so young back then.

My mind skipped to another thought. How in the Underworld did they get a video of that? Then I remembered Hephaestus TV. (And the automatons spiders. Yisssh.) How they did managed to hack in the channel of the gods was unknown to me.

Okay. Now, I was trembling. In anger or embarrassment, I didn't know. And I continued to watch with my teeth clenched hard.

There where a couple more clips and pictures with me and Percy. Many stolen kissing shots that made my face burn with shame. I didn't know we had kissed that much now. And much more that people were snooping at us. My anger returned. I'm going to kick someone's podex big time.

They dared to spy on us on our dates?!

Then the theme of the videos changed. (Finally.) From me and Percy, to us with everyone else. The camp fires, the duels at the sword arena, the pranks and riots at camp, capture the flag, chariot race and other games, Chiron teaching archery and Mr. D with his annoying speeches. It showed the daily life at camp. It showed everything and everyone that I loved at Camp Half-Blood.

My eyes watered and my breathing grew tight. Oh, I'm really going to kill the Stoll brothers now.

There was a text at the end.

'Wont you miss us? I'm sure you'll miss us. A little remembrance so as you won't forget to return to us - Camp Half-blood.

PS. Bring Percy back with you, will you? We miss the punk.

Bon voyage!'

And on the credits were all the names of each and every campers now.

Tears did finally fell on my cheeks. Holy Athena. I could strangle then hug Travis and Connor for this. The hug was a maybe... The strangle was a definite yes.

*****

I like the Stoll brothers just because.