Harloween Academy Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Zey's POV

Knock! Knock! Knock! Who is that? Why so early in the morning? Its not even 6:30 yet, isn't it?

After the 3 knocks, 7 more were heard in a certain rhythm. By hearing this, I knew who was outside my apartment. It was Trix.

We used to have this knocking code to inform the other that it is us. When we were young, Trix would use this knocking code and I would open the door when she came over to my house to play.

Seems like she remembered it clearly. At first I thought she had forgotten all about us. At least she still remembers these memories that we shared together.

I stumbled out of bed, half awake. I dragged myself to the door and opened it.

"Hey! U haven't woken up yet? It's already 7:20am ya know?" Trix said. I must've looked really tired and perhaps I had a bed head.

Wait, did she just say it was 7:20am?

"What's the time now?" I asked, not believing it was already this late.

"It's 7:20am and u seem to have not-"

"Shit! You can come in, I'll go change first," I cut Trix off.

I rushed to brush my teeth, wash my face and change into my uniform. Then hurried out to the living room. I sighed in relief as I felt prepared for school.

That's when my stomach growled. I was suddenly aware of how hungry I was. I was about to grab a plain bread and a can of soda from the kitchen when Trix handed me a sandwich and a packet of orange juice.

"You can't just eat plain bread, it's not that nutritious. And u aren't supposed to drink soda early in the morning," Trix nagged like a mother nagging to her child about food nutrition.

She seems to be able to read my mind sometimes and that is kinda cool but at some times, I wouldn't want her to read my mind.

The mind reading seems to be a two-way thing though. At some times, I think I also can spot what she is thinking about.

"Yes, mum," I joked.

"Don't call me that! I'm not so old! And I don't wanna be your mum, it's too tiring," Trix joked back.

"You will still be a mum when you have kids," I stated.

"I'll make sure my kids aren't as unhealthy as you are. The only drinks I see in your fridge are soda and beer. How healthy is that?" Trix said.

The question was meant to be a rhetorical one but I answered it anyways.

"Very healthy," I answered sarcastically.

Trix rolled her eyes as if I am a hopeless student who always fails but still doesn't try hard no matter what.

I glanced at my wall clock and realized it was nearly 8 am. Gosh! If I don't leave now I'll be late!

"Gotta go! You are not going to school?" I asked Trix as I slipped on my shoes and went out of the house with Trix a step ahead of me.

"Nope, that's why I'm so relaxed right now. I still have slight fever," Trix replied.

"Oh, then I'll get going first and I'll help you collect the notes yeah?" I asked as I locked my apartment door.

"Sure! Thanks a bunch!" Trix chirped.

I ran all the way to school and managed to run pass the gates in time before it was closed. I rushed to class and got to my seat just before the teacher came in.