Stopping the story, not continuing anymore

After so many years, I think that what I wrote for this story is going in the wrong direction and it would be weird to continue so I updated two more chapters for those who wish to read a bit more because I know I ended with something like a cliffhanger on Chapter 19 and some of you would be interested to know what happened. However, given that I have stopped this story, I would be taking it down in a while as it is unfair to leave it here and have the readers read on and end up with an unfinished series. However, throughout the whole time thinking and writing Harloween story, which came up as an inspiration from a dream, I had fun thinking about the different characters and their names and I grew to like the characters in this story as well as their personality which I have developed. Hence, I would love to use these characters in another story that is more fit for me to write. 

Harloween Academy was supposed to be a horror genre but it is not my speciality and I cannot stand horror movies so writing this story had been a challenge for me. I sometimes frighten myself with my own thinking and story as well. I prefer romance, fantasy and action stories and I feel that this story has gone off track with me introducing so many characters and bringing the romance part it in, only having the horror appear after 8-10 chapters which kinda makes no sense since this is supposed to be a horror genre.

Although I have failed all of you by discontinuing the writing, I hope that you will support my other story which involves the characters from this story.

Thank you very much for all the support.