Harloween Academy Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Shay's POV

Gosh. What time is it? Am I late for work? I forced my eyelids to open and saw that it was past 8.

Well, luckily today work starts later than usual. I lifted my head up from Trix's bed.

Wait, Trix isn't here? Where did she go? She should still have slight fever and last night she still seemed to have a nightmare. She was crying and tears flowed down her cheeks continuously.

After I assured her that I was by her side and held her hand, she calmed down and stopped crying.

I went out to the kitchen to check if she was there and saw a note:

_______________________

To My Dear Bro:

I went out to see the doctor. I already prepared your breakfast. It's in the fridge. Just take it out and heat it up for about 1 minute for it to be hot, before consuming it.

Work hard bro! Ganbatte!:)

Love,

Trix

_______________________

Oh, so she went to see a doctor. Thankfully, she left a note, otherwise, I will be freaking out right now, worrying that my dear sister will get kidnapped.

I opened the fridge and saw that Trix had prepared bacon with cheese sandwiches!!! There's also egg mayo sandwiches! These two are my most favourite food for a meal such as breakfast which marks the start of the day!

Perhaps she afraid I was too worn out from taking care of her yesterday so she prepared such a wonderful breakfast.

I glanced at the happy couple in the photograph on top of the side table near the entrance to the kitchen.

"Mum, dad, I'll do what I promised you. I will take care of Trix forever and I will see to it that she leads a happy life." I vowed.

"The time has come my dear child... Read the diary I left for you. Only then will you fully be able to understand what is going to happen to Trix as well as the people around you," I heard a silent whisper.

"Mum? Dad? Who is it?" I questioned aloud.

There was only silence.

Diary?... Right, the diary! When I rushed to see them at the hospital before they died, Mum mentioned something about a diary.

Ugh! I was too young at that time! Now I can't remember where it is... Ah! I know, I must've packed it into Mum's belongings.

I went to the room and took out the box that contains our parent's belongings.

I suddenly took a glimpse at the wall clock. Ah! Crap! I'm going to be late for work! I'll search for it again after work.

I grabbed my things and headed out to work.