Chapter 2

I woke up in an unfamiliar building. With my head pounding I saw two lifeguards standing beside me. I suddenly felt a searing pain shoot through my arm. I looked at my arm which was bleeding, like a lot, I felt like I was going to pass out when I saw my blood. I started panting as I tried to get up but I couldn't as my arm would only gush more.

"Hey, hey, hey it's okay." One of the lifeguards said putting his hand on my shoulder. While the other, the person that I bumped in to me put pressure on the huge cut on my arm. I started to feel even more uneasy at the sight of the red liquid. Stop looking at it Vanessa!

"Where where am I? What happened?" I asked as I groaned in pain.

"You're in the lifeguard tower at Bondi." One of the lifeguards said worryingly. He had curly brown hair with blue eyes the other lifeguard was the one I ran into.

The icy blue eyed lifeguard answered my other question, "When you got knocked out the fin on the surfer's board cut your arm."

"We're going to patch you up. I doesn't look like you might need an ambo." The curly brown haired  lifeguard said as he squirted some sort of solution on what looked like a big flat square gauze. He slowly put it on my arm then the other wrapped it, I groaned in pain as he wrapped it.

Another searing pain shot through my arm"Here breath in and out through this it'll help with the pain." My mystery saver said giving me what looked like a green whistle.

I looked at the cut seeing that not all the blood had been cleaned up I gulped feeling my stomach turn. I hate blood 

They started asking me some questions. "What's your name?" One of them asked

"Vanessa" I replied

"What's yours?" I asked

"My name is Deano and this is my mate Jesse." They smiled at me sweetly, but then got serious, "Did you swallow any water."

"No,"

"How old are you?" Jesse asked

"20" I said trying to keep my eyes open.

My head was still spinning making me dizzy. I felt so weak and tired I'm just going to take a quick nap. I let my eyes roll back then closed my eyes.

"Hey hey hey! Vanessa keep your eyes open. Look at me." Jesse said worryingly, I slowly opened my eyes. who wouldn't want to keep looking at him he's so dreamy. My eyelids felt heavy. My eyes would roll back then I would force myself to keep them opened. "Keep them open." The dizziness started to get worse. Jesse felt my pulse.

"Shit Rapid pulse! Someone call the ambo! Hey Vanessa? Vanessa!" I passed out I felt like the world was spinning faster, and faster I wanted it to stop but it didn't.

A few minutes later I heard a woman's voice. "Hey wake up for me Vanessa. Try not too close your eyes okay."She said and she was looking at my arm

"Yeah your going to need some stitches it's not a really deep cut but deep enough to make you lose blood okay Hun and your spine might be fractured so you're going to need an X-ray." The paramedic said Then wheeled me out the door. Then she put me in the back of the ambulance van.

Jesse's P.O.V

After when Vanessa was taken to the hospital. My head was hurting from hitting heads with Vanessa so I went to the fridge and got a ice pack. I sat next to Maxi and put it on my head. She had a really deep cut from the fin of the surfer's bored. Hopefully she doesn't have a fractured spine.

"Wow you got some hard head. To fractured her spine" Maxi said teasingly and started pissing him self laughing. I gave him an evil glare

"Shut up Maxi! It wasn't my fault!" I punched him on the arm.

"OW! not so hard." Maxi said rubbing his arm and giving me an fake angry face scrunching his nose I started to laugh and Maxi joined in.

We heard a knock on the door. I went over to it. It was a little girl who was crying.

"What's wrong?" Asked the little girl with blonde hair and green eyes.

"I can't find my MOMMY!" She said balling her eyes out. I picked her up

"What's your name?" I asked

"Rebecca" she said

"And how old are you Rebecca?"

"6" She replied

"What does your mom look like?" I asked.

"S-She has brown hair and wearing a bright pink shirt."

"We'll look for her okay" I said as her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"O-Okay." She mumbled I grabbed the walkie-talkie and radioed in.

"Hey we have a girl named Rebecca she 6 years old and she says that she lost her mom. The mom has brown hair and a bright pink shirt on."

"Okay, copy that" Whippet answers

A 10 minutes later

Whippet Radios in "Hey we got the mom here. She coming up to the tower now."

"Okay mate thanks." I answer back I went over to Rebecca and picked her up and put her on my lap.

"Hey is that mommy?" I ask her and pointed to the woman that was running up to the tower. Rebecca's eyes lit up.

"MOMMY!" Rebecca said excitingly and jumped off my lap. She ran out and jumped into her mothers arms.

***

I was packing up Time. We took the flags down. I couldn't stop thinking about Vanessa, I wondered if she was okay and if I would ever see those Beautiful Ocean blue eyes of hers, her hair was a wavy brunette. She was so beautif-

"Jesse. Jess!" Maxi was snapping his fingers and yell in my ear causing me to jump.

"WHAT!" I snapped

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out to night with the boys. We're going to drop down at the hospital and see Vanessa and see how she's doing. Then we can maybe and get a brink."

"Sure I'll come." I smiled yes! I can see her again score!