Chapter 31

"Howdy partner! How'd you?" I said in a southern accent. Ha! Get it? Because we're patrolling South corner. Ahaha!

Maxi snorted with laughter as I sat down beside him. "Ah, I love you." Maxi said as he shook his hand while smiling.

"Love you too Maxi!" I said giggling, "Oh hey how's Em doing?"

"Oh she's doing fine, we are deciding on whether or not we're going to live together in her house or not and leaving Harrison with my apartment."

"Oh that's sounds like a good plan. You should do it." I said giddily

"You think so?"

"Hell ya partner!"

"Huh.. yeah maybe I will.." Maxi said looking off to the water.

***

It is just 7:16 AM and people are already piling in on the beach ready for the nice clear day ahead.

It's just 7:19, and someone is already in the rip.

I took my shirt off and shorts, then grabbed the board and ran in.

I paddled to the Japanese man then leaned back to stop. He grabbed on my board, "Thank you, thank you." He said to me in his Japanese accent. I could tell he didn't know much English.

"Anata wa koko de oyogu koto ni natte imasen! Aka to kiiro no hata wa anata ga zokusuru tokorodesu." I said to him pointing over to the flags, I said that he is not supposed to swim here and that the red and yellow flags is where he belonged.

He nodded slowly completely out of breath.

I paddled back to shore, catching a wave as I did. The man was enjoying every moment of this experience as he hooted and hollered, I couldn't help but smile at the man's excitement.

I dumped him off the board, he had a big smile on his face. "Thank you, uh, very much!" He said

"Mondainai." I said to the man he gave me a nodded of his head before heading towards the flags

"Vanessa there's another! A little girl further out and she's going under!" Maxi yelled, I whipped around and spotted the little girl he was talking about, "Shit!" How did I miss her?

I ran into the water again and jumped on my board. Breathing heavy, I paddling full speed as fast as my arms would take me.

Consent waves crashed into me, but I didn't take my eyes off of the little girl.

I got to her just in time as I had to pull her by her hair. I put her on my board, and paddled back quickly.

When I got back I saw her mother, "You, you should keep a closer eye on your girl.." I said completely out of breath the mother nodded in agreement, "You're not allowed to, to swim.. here.. Swim..between the flags.." I said out of breath, my stomach turned.

The mother nodded, "Thank you, Thank you so much." She told me, I gave her a soft smile.

Then she walked away giving a lecture to her daughter.