Chapter 13

Jesse's P.O.V

Holy shit what just happened? She was there one second then gone the other! I thought as I walked towards the couch and sat down I sunk into it. "And what if I wanted to see her? I would know where she works." I looked at the clock I was only 11:20 pm I pouted its only been 5 minutes. I picked the remote up and went on Netflix to watch a couple episodes of Bondi Rescue.

***

Before I could finish one episode a great idea popped in my head wait... aren't they doing the fitness test tomorrow? I quickly put my shoes on and grabbed my car keys, then headed to Bondi.

When I got there I rushed over to Hoppo's Office. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Hoppo called out, I entered Hoppo's office. Hoppo was doing something on his computer when I came in.

"Hop can I ask you something?" I asked closing the door behind me.

He looked up from his computer, "What can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if Vanessa could be a new trainee." I asked

"I've seen how she's rescued that little girl and not have to be rescued after, she has potential but it depends if she wants to." Hoppo replied

"Okay Hoppo, She won't let you down." I said, I was about to run out the door when Hoppo stopped me.

"Jesse!"

I turned around, "yeah?"

"She has to have the professional lifeguard recruitments at least the three listed if she doesn't have her waterways license. If she doesn't it's okay, she just won't drive the Jet ski. She also has to pass the fitness test along with everyone else." Hoppo said giving me a small list.

"Okay thanks." I walked out the door while reading the paper.

Professional Lifeguard Recruitments

1.   A current NSW Class 1A Driver's Licence

2.  A Workcover accredited Senior First Aid Certificate

3.  A VETAB accredited Advanced Resuscitation Certificate

4.  A NSW P.W.C. (Personal Water Craft) Waterways Licence

I had a good feeling that she has these already. I have to wait until Vanessa was done work before I ask her if she has these Lifeguard Recruitments. I looked at my watch; 11:49 am. I may as well wait for her it's a 29 minute drive from my house.

I sat on a nearby picnic table by the Café to wait for her.

***

11 minutes went by and it was 12 o'clock. Where is she?

After 15 more minutes I saw her walk out, she looked exhausted, I walked over to her.

"It's 12:15."

"Yeah I know, my boss made me clean up because I was 15 minutes late so he gave me 15 minutes to clean everything up. And I'm dying! I didn't think I could clean that fast, Phew!"

"Vanessa I have great news! You can come and be our new trainee at Bondi if you have these Lifeguard Recruitm-" I got cut off

"What the Professional Lifeguard Recruitments? Yeah I do, I've trained for it when I was in school."

"So have a Senior First Aid Certificate?" I asked

"Yup."

"What about Advanced Resuscitation Certificate?" I asked as I read off the paper.