Chapter 35

Sorry for the wait Peeps!

5 PM, Saturday, January 2nd, 2015

Jake's P.O.V

"Holly smokes! That's a big Huntsman, I've never seen them that big.. Oh man Vanessa wouldn't like that.." Maxi said as the spider crawled on my arm.

"Oh so she doesn't like spiders.." I grinned as a lightbulb appeared above my head.

"Yeah she told me that a few days ago when we were texting each other.." Maxi said not knowing he gave me a good idea.

I know what I'll do with it. I smiled crookedly as I headed to the tower.

***

I peeked in the tower and saw Kerrbox and Vanessa. Here is my chance. Kerrbox looked at me and saw the spider, and grinned not saying anything to Vanessa. Kerrbox was on my side, but Vanessa didn't know that. I grinned to myself as I made the Huntsman spider go on Vanessa's arm. I quickly went down the stairs and hid behind the wall.

I nodded at Kerrbox, and he knew exactly what to do. Vanessa squirmed a little as she felt it on her arm, "VANESSA THERE'S A SPIDER ON YOUR ARM!"

Vanessa's P.O.V

I quickly looked down and saw a huge spider in my arm, and it wasn't fake. I quickly stood up, "AHHH!" I brushed it off without a second thought, "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" I shouted as I ran out the door. I ran down the stairs outside of the tower but stopped when I heard Jake's laughter. Gritting my teeth, I turned around slowly giving him a deadly glare. "Oh your so dead." I said when I caught his eyes. I ran up the stairs after him. "YOUR SO DEAD!" He looked at me, smirked, then booked it out the back door.

"Oh no you don't!" I said running after him. I could see a bit of terror his blue eyes before he ran. I chased after him hearing Kerrbox's laughter in the background before the door shut behind me.

Jake ran down the steps to the beach. He was on the last step before I tackled him onto the sand. He was laughing hysterically, "Oh you little bugger!" I smiled trying to keep him down. I pinned him down, but that was quickly replaced as he was stronger then me.

He rolled over, now he was on top of me. He chuckled, his pearly white teeth shimmering in the sun. "Now I got you.." He smirked,

I tried wiggling out of his tight grip. "Urgh" I continued to wiggle, but stopped wide eyed when I knew what he was going to do next, "No, no, no, Don't you dare Jake Nolan!" He grinned and got the spit ready. "Ew no Jake!" He smiled as he let the spit dangle. I wiggled around trying to get out from underneath him, but he sat on me making my situation worse. I turned my head side to side trying to avoid the saliva string. It grew closer to my face, "Ew, ew, ew," I turned my head only for it to drop on my lips. Ewww! I spit it off of my lips, "Ew Jake your so nasty!" He laughed not getting off of me so I can wipe it off. I lifted my head and wiped it on his shirt that dangle off of his toned body.

"Ew Vanessa!" He said getting off of me to wipe his shirt.

I giggled evilly and pounced on him when he wasn't paying any attention. "My turn," I grinned pinning him down on the sand. I couldn't torture him as much as he did me because his stronger then me, but oh man did I get him, right in the same spot he did me, on his lips.

He threw me on the sand as I giggled hysterically while holding my stomach. "Ew!" He spat on the sand, I got up and started running. "Oh no you don't," he said behind me, I giggled excitingly.

After a few seconds it was his turn to tackle me. We both hit the sand in hysterics.

We stopped laughing after a few minutes, "The boys probably had a kick out of this.." I said looking at the now shirtless Jake. It gave me time to look at his body more, looking at all the tattoos that littered his tanned body. I looked back up to see his eyes were on me.

I blush, embarrassed that he caught me looking at his half naked body. He just smirked in response, ah play boy now are we? I giggled at the thought, but then cleared my throat and sat up, brushing the sand off of me, "Well Nolan, we better get back to work'n." I said, I didn't really want to get back to work because this was too much fun.

Being with Jake is nice, he's almost like a brother.. well he proved himself by doing what brothers do to sisters, doing loogey strings on each other when one person was pinned, but Jake was nicer, he didn't actually bring a loogey up from his throat, which I was thankful for.

"Wanna work together sis?" He asked as he propped his head on his hand.

I laughed, "Okay big brother." I giggled, he hopped up quickly and stuck out his hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. "Thanks big bro."

"No problem little sis."

You know what? I feel like me and Jake were brothers and sisters long before this...

Monday, January 5th, 2015

It was a gloomy day today down at Bondi as it constantly rained. So Jesse stayed home, but I went to work needing the extra brownie points. But I wasn't the only on there.

"Oh Hey Whip." I said while yawning as I spotted Whippet sitting at the counter.

"Hey V!" I shook my umbrella off and set it down. Then sat down in the swivel chair next to him, "We haven't been partners lately have we?"

"Yeah it's been awhile."

"Is anybody else in today?" I asked

"Yeah Harries, Ryan, and Deano are patrolling the beach, and we're the look outs" He said smiling goofily

I giggled, "Yup we're the look outs."

***

It's 8:24 AM and the rain is still pouring down.

"Are you hungry?" I asked

"No not yet.." Whippet said as he looked out to the water.

"No? Because I'm vanished." Whippet put his binoculars down to look at me with an confused face. I got up and went over to the fridge. Maybe I got up a little to fast, "Woah, head rush.." I chuckled blinking a couple of times to make the black and red tunnel vision go away.

Once my head rush was gone I went over to the fridge to get my lunch with was a healthy sandwich, carrot, and celery sticks. I only grabbed my carrot and celery sticks not wanting to eat my all my lunch when it is a few hours away.

I plopped into my swivel chair with my carrot and celery sticks. "Wants some Whip?" I asked offering my veggie sticks with a smile.

He took the binoculars off and looked at the container filled with carrot and celery then up at me. "Sure.." He took one of the celery sticks slowly, unsure of why I was offering. "Thanks..."

"No problem," I said bubbly as I chewed on one of my carrots, happy that he took my offer.

***

10:30 AM, and still gloomy with rain.

"I gotta go to the loo. I'll be right back."

Whippet snickered, "Alrighty, don't fall in!" He shouted as I opened the back door with my umbrella.

I giggled, "Okay I won't!" I opened my umbrella as I stepped out from under the roof.

I quickly jogged to the bathroom not wanting to waste any patrolling time as I can.

I sat on the toilet, went then wiped seeing no blood. Huh.. I thought I was supposed to start my period yesterday.. I shook off the feeling, it happens a lot, it's probably another one of those days of the months..

I pulled my lifeguard shorts up then flushed.

I washed my hands and quickly headed back to the tower.