Chapter 39

It's 3 PM and we came back from the grocery store,

"I'm so exhausted.." I said as I put two bags on the counter.

Jesse put his two bags on the counter, "Go rest and I'll put the groceries away."

"Really?" I asked with a tired look on my face.

"Yeah, go rest you need it." He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks babe," I kissed him softly on the lips. "If your hungry there's leftover lasagna in the fridge."

He chuckled, "Okay."

I smiled sweetly at him then went off to bed.

***

6 PM down at Australia,

I woke up with a start, "Oh no," I slapped my hand on my mouth. Stumbling out of bed I ran to the bathroom.

I got to the toilet, quickly put the lid up, and spewed into the white bowl. You could probably hear my hurling from upstairs as the toilet bowl made it louder. Well there goes my salad and pasta I had earlier today with Deano...

While I was spewing my stomach felt.. like you know when you laugh so hard and your stomach hurts? Well this was worse, it was like I couldn't stop laughing even though my stomach hurt with a cramping feeling making my stomach hurt even more.

I didn't hear Jesse run up the stairs as he was now in the bathroom with me. He didn't say anything, and he didn't have to, all that mattered is that he was here for me even though it's just barfing. He just rubbed soothing circles on my back and held my her up.

After that nastiness I flushed the toilet, rinsed my mouth out to get the chunks out, then brushed my teeth to kill the smell.

I turned to Jesse with my hand on my stomach, "I hate spewing.." I said hugging Jesse, completely drained of my energy.

He rubbed my back with up and down movements while he hugged me. The rubbing helped my body relax, but it wasn't just the rubbing on my back. It was Jesse's musky cologne, and his muscular body that also relaxed me.

My human relaxant made me get to the point where I almost fell asleep hugging Jesse. Jesse is the kind of guy that you feel safe around even though you know he was a bra boy. Jesse is also the kind of guy that cares for you through thick and thin, even when you weren't planning on having a baby together.

Jesse is also the kind of guy who has that sense of humour that's rare. And when that rarity comes up it's like a gem, he doesn't over do it which make you treasure it.. Jesse is the kind of guy you always want to be around.. and when you have Jesse, you want to treasure him because he's a hard guy to come around.

"Hey Jess?"

"Yeah." He answered still hugging me, rubbing.

"Are you happy?" I asked, "Are you happy that we're going to have a baby even though it wasn't planned?"

He pulled away to look me in the eyes, "Yes I'm happy.." He said stroking my cheek, I smiled weakly

"Even though it was my fault for forgetting to take my birth control pills?"

He chuckled, "It wasn't your fault. It's not like you got pregnant on your own, I takes two to make a baby."

I smiled, but it was quickly wiped away when a sudden dizziness washed over me. I stumbled back as I closed my eyes and held my head.

"Woah," Jesse said while he steadied me, "We need to get some liquids in you."

I nodded numbly, "Okay.." I mumbled.

Jesse helped me down stairs making sure I didn't pass out and fall down the stairs. I held the railing with one shaky hand.

"I'll get ya some water, just lay down on the couch." Jesse said bringing me to the couch.

"Okay." I sat down then laid on my side, causing a little dizzy spell.

Jesse came back with a glass of water, "Here ya go." He handed it to me,

"Thanks Jess." I told the water with a shaky hand and took a sip.

"Do you want something to snack on? Some peanuts, dried fruit mix?..." He asked sitting beside me,

"Uh. I guess the dried fruit would be a good idea.."

"Okay I'll get some." He jumped up off of the couch and headed to the kitchen.

Jesse's P.O.V

I grabbed the dried fruit mix out of the cupboard. I closed it, but when I did I heard a crash.

I whipped around to see Vanessa unconscious on the floor with broken glass, and water around her.

"Vanessa!" I yelled running over to her.

I picked her up carefully not wanting to step on the glass that covered the tiled floor. I brought her over to the floor that didn't have glass or water near. I checked for cuts and thankfully there were none. I rested Vanessa's legs on my thigh. "Vanessa?" I rubbed her sternum, but there was no response. "Vanessa wake up for me." I taped the sides of her clicks, but yet again, no response. Worry filled my thoughts, I felt her pulse, it was faint but it was there. I have to call the ambulance. I carefully put her legs down and rushed to the phone and dialled 000.

***

"I tried to wake her by rubbing her sternum but she not responding her plus is faint and she's pregnant." I told the paramedic

He felt her pulse, "We definitely have to bring her to the hospital, she and the fetus are in danger of dehydration." He didn't have to say anything more.

***

7:01 PM

I bounce my foot as I waited in the waiting area.

"Jesse Pollock?"

I quickly got up, "Yes."

"You can come in now."

"Okay." I said worryingly following the nurse.

We got to Vanessa's room. I noticed that she was still unconscious. I looked up to see the doctor. "She and the fetus are fine." I breathed a sigh of relief that she and the growing baby is still alive. "She was severely dehydrated, i'm glad you called us right away."