Chapter 9

Jesse's P.O.V

I got I to the van to got to the hospital. I saw Vanessa's eyes start to close.

"Hey is she allowed to fall asleep?" I ask worryingly.

"Yeah, it's just the pain killers that are making her drowsy." One of the male paramedic said.

"You don't have to keep your eyes open you can go to sleep if you want." I said and put a piece of hair out of her beautiful ocean blue eyes. She smiled weakly then slowly closed her eyes

When we got to the hospital she got an x-ray on her lungs so to see if there was any salt water still in her lungs.

I waited in the waiting room for Vanessa, and the results to come out.

***

It has been three hours since I got to see Vanessa.

I saw Emilie rush in, she spotted me and ran over. "Where is she? I heard what happened. Is she okay?" She asked worryingly.

"She's f-" I got cut off

"Okay Vanessa can have visitors now. Room B 26." The female doctor said politely.

Emilie practically ran to her room.

I up from the chair I was sitting in and walked over to the doctor, "Is she okay? What are the results?"

"Well we extracted the rest of the salt water at will still in her lungs. She didn't hit her head like you said. She went unconscious in the water because her brain was not getting enough oxygen but she's not brain damaged, you pulled her out just in time. Her ankle is only sprained."

"Okay thanks." I said then I walked to room B 26.

I got to the room that Vanessa was in and saw that Emile was sitting in a set beside Vanessa. I grabbed a near by chair then pulled it close to her bed and held her hand.

Vanessa was sleeping but woke up after a while.

Vanessa's P.O.V

"Hey.." I said as he rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.

"You okay Vanessa?" He asked with a worried look in his eyes.

"Yeah.. my throat is killing me.. Is my ankle broken?" I said with a scratchy voice. I coughed, making my lungs sting even more.

"No you just sprained it." Jesse said

"Oh good" I croaked out, I could barely even talk. Jesse freeze it with a worried look.

"Jesse are you okay?" I asked and he didn't respond, he was sucked in his thoughts. I sat up, "Jess?" I asked with a raspy voice, now I was worried.

"Yeah., yeah." Jesse said snapping out of his thoughts. "Just worried I would lose you..."

"Aw Jess.. you'll never lose me."

"Um excuse me lover boy but I wasn't there. What exactly happened? Maxi only told me about after the event. But what exactly happen before she almost died?" Emilie asked.

I explained everything that happened but Vanessa said the details.

  ***

Vanessa had to stay the night until she got better and stronger. When Vanessa fell asleep, I went home because I had to work tomorrow. Emilie said she would stay because she had something for Vanessa that she forgot to give her when she got to Australia.

***

Vanessa's P.O.V

I woke up to see that Jesse was gone, but I saw that Emilie was still here.

"How ya doing?" Emilie asked sitting on the bed beside me

"I'm good but my throat hurts so bad." I said with a raspy voice. I grabbed the cup of water that was sitting by my bed side and drank all of it making my voice a lot better.

"Here. I got yah a present." She said smiling and gave me a small ring box that was wrapped in shiny red wrapping paper. "I thought it would be a good early New Years present."

I tore it open and peaked through the ring box. I saw something shiny, I closed it fast and grinned "No.." I said as I smiled, Emilie nodded while she smiled and sucking in her bottom lip, "You didn't!" I carefully grabbed the necklace that was inside, the necklace was the one I always wanted when I was little but never got to get because it was only found in Hawaii, Emilie most of got it when she was on her Hawaiian vacation. "Emilie thanks!" I said with excitement as I engulfed her in a big bear hug.

The necklace was beautiful, it was a glass rock that was light turquoise colour. The glass looking gem was in a form of a heart shape and was incased with a sliver metal that had a design of swirls on it. The heart was held by a thick, heavy chain.

"I knew you would like it!" Emilie said as she smirked

"Like it? I love it! Thank you!" I said giving her another big bear hug. "Your the best."

"I know." She said as she smiled

"It's 10:00 PM, hospital visiting hours are now over." I heard a lady say over the inner coms.

"Well, that's my cue to leave. I'll see you tomorrow?" Emilie asked as she swung her bag onto her shoulders.

"Well I guess. However long it takes for me to recover."

She laughed, "You probably need just a night. You recover quite quickly." She said as she headed towards the door. "Bye then,"

I chuckled, "Bye. Oh can you close the door for me?" I asked and Emilie smiled while rolling her eyes

"Okay.." Emile said as she gently closed the door.

"Thanks!" I called, quite enough not to disturb my next door neighbours knowing that hospital walls are thin.

I refilled my cup of water then drank the cool liquid.

I put the necklace at Emilie gave me on. Feeling it's cold metal on my chest, the glass gem looked as though if it was glowing when it touched the speckle of water on my chest form the water that had dripped from my cup when I had drank it.

My eyes widened at the sight, "What the hell? Emilie never told me it could do that."

Author's Note
Hello my great Bondi Rescue lovers! Are you wondering what Vanessa's weird glowing necklace looks like?
Well here you go!

 Author's NoteHello my great Bondi Rescue lovers! Are you wondering what Vanessa's weird glowing necklace looks like?Well here you go!

Oooooo looks magical....