Chapter 33

Look at the whole picture ^^ I did that, hope you like it. Oh and I did most of the pics you see on the Chapters.
Sorry for the late update!
Sincerely,
FC<3

"I thought you were going to be a feisty one at the best of times." Maxi said as he chuckles

I laughed, "Ryan said the same thing, that 'I was a feisty little Canadian'"

Maxi laughed, "Really? He's warmed up to you quite a bit hey?" He wiggled his brows

"What, what does that mean?" I asked him pointing at his wiggling brows.

"You haven't noticed it?"

"Noticed what?" I asked with an confused expression.

"Dude, my cousin likes you. He usually doesn't warm up to someone that quick, especially a girl like yourself."

" 'especially a girl like myself?' "

"Yeah you know, beautiful, nice, smart, talented..." Maxi said making a weighing gesture with his hands.

"Really? You think I'm talented?"

"Well yeah, you can speak Japanese for goodness sake."

"Awe stop it your making me blush." I said, playfully hitting his chest.

"And he warmed up to you that much that he was whiling to race you for whatever reason- wait why did you race?"

"Long story short, we kind of argued about who was better; and Australian or Canadian. So we decided on a race which was a tie." I said to Maxi as I looked out to the water.

"Hens the name 'Pretty boy'" Maxi said

"Yeah that's basically when it started, but I'm only supposed to call him pretty boy. Unless he is okay with everyone else calling him that."

"Alrighty, but I can't promise you that I won't tease him about it."

"Stop torturing that poor boy." I said looking at Maxi

He looked at me, "I'm his older cousin, it's what I'm supposed to do.." He said smirking, I rolled my eyes.

***

It's 6:30 PM down at Bondi, two hours before closing time, and things where hectic as usual.. consent rescues down at South corner, and people being the people crazy people they are, not listening to our rules. So we had Ryan to come down on the four wheeler to help.

"How's it going Ryan?" I asked as I put the board away on the board rack on the buggy.

"Good, glad that I'm not in the tower anymore. I hate when I have to watch people drowning before my eyes and can't provide any assistance."

"True dat." I said agreeing with the pretty boy as I sat down.

Ryan stood on the back of the buggy keeping an extra eye out.

"There's two heads at the back," Ryan and I said in unison.

"Sometimes I think you two were made for each other.." Maxi said while he laughed

I rolled my eyes while smiling and got out of the buggy followed by Ryan who jumped off the buggy and grabbed his lifeguard board from the four wheeler.

I hit the water and Ryan did shortly after. We paddled as fast as we could, crashing through waves as we did.

"I'll go for the one in the back!" I shouted over the crashing waves underneath me.

"Okay!" Ryan shouted back behind me

I paddled as fast as my skinny arms would take me.

I got to the furthest patient. Leaning back, I slowed my pace down letting the patient grab hold of my board. "Your okay, your okay." I said to the women calming her down.

"My daughter!" She said worryingly

"It's okay another lifeguard got her." I said,

"Both of thezm?" The mother asked, My heart dropped to my stomach, there was two?

"You had two daughters out here?" I asked

"Yah I haz brought boz of my daughterz." She said in her thick German accent.

"Okay.." I paddled back to shore fast. I dumped her off and quickly ran to Maxi and a shirtless Ryan with the mother not far behind. "Maxi did you see two heads or three?" I asked worryingly

"No I only seen two."

"Shit! The mother said that she brought both of her daughters in the water with her." I whispered trying to not get the mother more worried then she already was.

Maxi and Ryan looked at me with a more then worried faces. Maxi quickly walkied in "South rhino to Central, Vanessa said that the mother informed us that she brought two daughters in the water with her, but we only saw the two.." Maxi took his thumb off of the button patiently waiting, but his breathing was heavy.. so was mine.

"Vhat? You can't finz my daughter?" The mother asked now terrified for her daughter's safety thinking of the worst of things, but the worse thoughts were in the back of my mind too, but I couldn't show it, I needed to stay calm for her mother's sake.

"We'll find her, you come with me and we'll look on the sand for her while the others look in the water. Okay?"

"Okay." She said while nodding timidly as she breathed heavily,

"Just take deep breaths in and out." I said to the worried mother, demonstrating the breathing. She nodded and started to breath deep breaths in and out. "Okay now lets go look for your daughter." I said bringing her away from the waters edge.

***

The rescue choper came by and Deano said that they didn't see any unconscious bodies in the water over the walkie-talkie. I let a sigh of relief and so did the mother, but I knew those terrified thoughts were still in the back of her mind.

"We're going to find Amelia." I reassured the frenetic mother. "And you said she is wearing a neon pink bikini yes?"

"Yah, yah, neon bikini and white shirt, but zhe might haz took the shirt off."

"Okay." I said looking back out to the beach looking for the little girl. Everything around me was pink, it seemed that my eyes couldn't see any other colour then pink, and that wasn't going to help if the little girl had her white shirt on.