Chapter One

The entire manor was growing into a madhouse as Montgomery and I were running around, doing our best to please all the requests coming from new guests.

We approached the large group of witches, as they gathered near the library, all talking amongst themselves.

"And what is this regarding?" Montgomery asked.

I leaned over "They are worried of the amount of vampires around them and are requesting to build more suitable living arrangements outside the manor"

He nodded "This will be a pleasant discussion"

"Good evening" I said, as they stopped talking and looked to us.

Montgomery looked at them all "I have received your request to build a new living situation outside these walls, but unfortunately, I must deny your request"

Many of the witches frowned in disappointment at the news of their denial.

"But we all feel so unsafe in a home of vampires" a woman with dark hair said as she stepped forward.

"And what is your name?" I asked.

She looked at me "My name is Sandra Eston of the Aeonian coven"

"Yes, there are four covens here, am I correct?" I asked.

Georgina steped forward "Yes, five covens, the Aeonian, Eumoirous, Sophrosyne and of course, the Metanoia coven"

I smiled at her "Thank you, Georgina"

"I understand that there are quite a few fallen covens here, just as there are quite a few broken coalitions and we all must work together" I explained.

"We are not safe sharing different floors with vampires" another said.

"Who said that?" Montgomery asked.

A womam with light-dark skin stepped forward "My name is Margot Stroud, of the Eumoirous coven and I guarantee you these are not all singular fears. Most of the women here agree with me"

Montgomery nodded "I am sorry you feel so unsafe under my roof. However, living outside these walls is a very risky situation and I am sorry to deny your request, but the P'yushchego Vampirov cannot enter these walls, especially once Ava Winslow casts her protection spell, just in case they find a way around it" he stepped forward "I know being around so many vampires is an uncomfortable situation for you, just the vampires are worried of being so close to witches, but we can guarantee better safety in this manor, where as we cannot guarantee your safety beyond these walls"

"None of the vampires here plan on harming any of you, because at the end of the day, we are all just as scared as you" I explained.

"Then why not have the witches on one floor and the vampires on another" a voice suggested.

Georgina stepped forward once again "Do you all not understand that we must put our difference aside, because we all share a common enemy. I have survived the previous attacks, just as all of you have and I can honestly say that I trust the vampires running this household with my life"

Silence fell over the room.

"We all must learn to trust one another and we separate ourselves then we can never learn to rely on one another" she continued "that is the end of this discussion and there shall be no further discussion of living outside"

The witches separated and went their own ways, while Montgomery approached Georgina.

"I appreciate all you said just there and I thank you for standing up for us" he said.