Chapter Forty- Six

After Jemina sprung back from death, we had arranged for her to be resting in her bed comfortably.

Unfortunately, because of her now growing thirst, Rowan was ordered to stay away from her until she formed some control.

Neither one of them are happy with it, but it was better to be cautious.

"How long will she be like this?" Rowan asked, as Audrina and Walton took care of Jemina.

"It is different for each vampire" I answered, looking down at her.

She had such maturity behind her eyes and she never seemed to act like a child, showing just how quickly the children exposed to this reality had to grow up.

Rowan looked at the door to her sister's room "How long did it take you?"

"I only control it, because the idea of feeding on a vampire is still a hard thing to process" I answered "I do it, but I would much rather drink inside the house"

"That seems odd for a vampire" she commented.

"It is" Montgomery spoke.

I looked ahead "I believe it is because I have been exposed to so much death already, so when I feed, I let someone else do the killing"

"No, it is because you were born with control" Montgomery said, getting my attention "You do not kill because you do not want to. Most vampires cannot control whether they kill or not as they are feeding" he looked over at me "Leo, Rosalyn and Henry were the same way when they turned. You see, not every vampire wants to kill, even though they can. Some enjoy it, because others have no control in the matter, where as some are gifted with it as soon as they are transformed"

"Is there a reason some transition that way?" I asked.

He nodded "In most cases, as a human they already had a sense of control to begin with"

I shook my head "I guess I can finally appreciate something from my parents"

"Perhaps Jemina will be the same way" Rowan said, hopeful.

I gave her a small smile "I certainly hope she is, because I know she will miss you terribly. You must know though, that you cannot be in her room, unless someone is there to stop Jemina from wanting to feed"

She nodded "I am just glad that my sister was not taken from me"

"I have spoken to Tinsley and she said that you can sleep in her room, with Maisie, until Jemina is ready to be alone with you" Montgomery said.

Rowan gave a small nod "I will head there now then, because waiting outside her room will only make me want to be near her more"

I kneeled down "If you need anything, just ask me or Tinsley and we will do anything to help"

She reached over, hugging me "Jemina said we could trust you, early on when we arrived and I understand why now"

Montgomery and I watched her leave, going off to Tinsley's room, while I turned to face him.

"I am going to go looking for Langston now" I spoke.

"I would advise you to choose another day, but I also understand your reasoning for leaving as soon as the time is available" he answered.

It was an odd choice of words, but I knew it was his way of giving me approval for this, despite wishing there was another way.

I went down the stairs, finding a group in the study, knowing that after events such as this, they all found a reason to enjoy each other's company.