Chapter Fifty- Six

I led the group, as I ran ahead, down the hallway that I knew was near Jakub's room, but was quickly caught off guard as I was thrown into a wall, by none other than Jakub himself.

The others immediately came to a stop, realizing the current situation.

He looked down at me "I am far too powerful for your gifts to affect me" he glanced at the others "Lukas will be here any minute, while your friends continue fighting images in their head of us"

"And where is Saskia in all of this?" I asked.

Jakub shook his head "She is finishing up her bath as we speak, with fresh blood" he leaned in close to me, almost as though he were smelling me "The best part is that soon your friends will confuse us for each other, so they will kill each other for us"

I tried getting out of his grip, furious at his plan, but he just pinned me back against the cold wall.

He got closer to my neck "I have missed your blood and I would just love to get a taste of it again"

A cry erupted from my lips as he sunk his fangs into my neck, letting them pierce me slowly.

As he pulled away, my blood was slowly streaming down my neck and down his mouth, while he grabbed me by the throat, lifting me up "My bed has also missed you and I cannot wait to strap you back to it, once more"

"Killian, go, warn the others!" Annabeth instructed.

I heard him running against the ground and hoped he would make it to them in time.

"However, after everything that has happened, I might just turn you into one of us" he chuckled "Then you will have no choice but to kill your shapeshifter"

I tried fighting against his grip, but could not find the strength to do so.

Annabeth stepped forward, unable to use her gift indoors, so she took the stake from her pocket and struck Jakub's back with it, making him drop me and stumble back.

He screamed out, trying to pull it out, but unable to reach it "You almost got my heart, so I will give you that"

She reached down to help me stand back up, but I was met with a waterfall of blood as her heart was being ripped out by Jakub.

Her body collapsed next to me, while Jakub held her heart in his hand.

"That is how you get to the heart" he spoke, before tossing her heart back onto her body.

Edgar ran to me, using his gift, focusing all of strength on Jakub, while he helped me to my feet.

Jakub glared "Why is it not working!"

He did not realize that Edgar would not be a victim of his games and that pleased me, but that pleasure soon vanished as Jakub quickly stepped back, smirking.

Edgar began clawing at his chest, screaming out in pain as he collapsed against the wall, ripping at his clothing.

"Lukas, you took too long" Jakub chuckled.

"No!" I screamed, realizing that Lukas was using his gift of disintegration to kill Edgar as slowly as possible.

Jakub approached Edgar "My powers may not work on you, but that does not mean someone else cannot get to you"

I screamed as Jakub broke his neck, letting Edgar slump further into the ground, death finally taking over him.

Jakub looked over at me, then Lukas "Get this damn thing out of my back"