Chapter Forty- Two

As we all marched outside, towards the graveyard, I turned to Florence "Can you make her feel weak?"

She looked at Helena "I can make her feel drained"

"Good, do it" I ordered "I do not want her putting up a fight"

While Allan held Helena to the tree, Paul ran towards us, holding chains and rope.

I shook my head at the rope "She will try to burn it"

Paul nodded before assisting Allan with chaining her to the large tree.

I turned to Jemina and Margot "Did either of you have any knowledge on her betrayal?"

Jemina quickly shook her head "I would never do anything to put my sister in danger"

I looked at Alma "You can read minds, so tell me if she is telling the truth or not"

Alma slowly nodded, realizing why I had called her out her "Of course" she focused on Jemina, who looked absolutely terrified, but Alma shook her head "There isn't anything to worry about, she is more terrified than despicable"

I gave a nod and moved on to Margot "What about you?"

Margot shook her head "Absolutely not"

I looked at Alma, who was focusing on Margot, but quickly nodded.

"She is also telling the truth" Alma whispered.

Helena let out a cackle, before setting her gaze on Jemina "I will make sure you are next and your sister will be forced to watch you die!"

I stared down at the chains around Helena, making them tighten around her body, resulting in her gasping.

"I knew that Helena was acting weird, but I assumed it was because of the loss our coven faced" Margot looked to Helena "Not because she was somehow responsible"

I approached Helena, as Allan and Paul stood on both my sides "What deaths are you responsible for?"

Helena smirked, then spit in my face.

I knew she wanted a reaction, but all I did was wipe my face with my sleeve, before taking the dagger that Jemina was still clutching.

I pressed the blade to Helena's chest, cutting her and ignoring her cries as I did so "Whose deaths are you responsible for?"

Helena let out a whimper as I pressed the blade against her harder.

"Answer me!" I ordered.

"Christine, Lilith, Sandra, Isadora and now Georgina" she answered.

I started walking away.

"But I told Saskia who Rosalyn needed to take!" she shouted, getting my attention once more "I made sure that she took Samuel, Archibald, all of them!"

"Why would you do such a thing!" Margot cried out.

Helena laughed "I had nothing to do with the coven, but with the P'yushchego Vampirov, I get all of the power that I so desire! I do not need to live by all the rules that Agatha ordered!"

I looked at Annabeth "I want you to use your power to kill Helena"

"Me?" Annabeth asked, confused.

I nodded "Yes, I know you will make sure she dies in excruciating pain"

Annabeth stepped forward "I would never believe that you had it in you to lead, Cordelia, but after what I have just seen, I may just follow you anywhere"

As Annabeth reached out her arms, focusing on the sky, Helena's eyes went dark as she stared ahead to Kherington, Alma, Margot and Florence.

"Violenter omne desiderium et animae levare citius!" she screamed out, which followed by a scream from Kherington as she clawed out at her chest.

"My chest is on fire!" Kherington screamed.

"Stop this now!" Jemina cried out.

Kherington collapsed to the ground, while Alma fell with her, trying to prevent Kherington from falling.

She squeezed Kherington's hand, as Kherington began coughing up blood, while blood also dripped from her nose.

Kherington finally stopped moving, while we all stood in horror at what has just happened.

"Do it now, Annabeth!" I ordered.

Annabeth's eyes went dark as she extended her arms, making the skies start to storm, full of lightening, before making the lightening hit the tree three times, setting it and Helena on fire.

Helena's screams did not bother me and I was more than satisfied to see her burn to a crisp.

Another scream was heard, as Helena's screams died out.

We all turned, seeing Ava running from the house, with Audrina and Claude behind her.

Ava collapsed down next to Kherington, taking her body into her arms as she started sobbing.

Claude dropped down to his knees, while Audrina took his hand as they mourned the loss of their friend.

Despite everything that happened, I was unable to express the emotions I so desperately wanted to show.

Kherington was my friend and it absolutely tore me up inside to see her now dead.

Ava looked up at me, choking on her tears "P-Please, Cordelia, please do something! I cannot lose her, not like this!"

"Everyone go back inside" Annabeth ordered, as everyone slowly went inside, unsure of what to do.

Annabeth and Allan stayed behind, putting his hand on my shoulder "Are you going to be alright, Cordelia?"

I looked down at Ava, who was the only other one to stay behind, still rocking back and forth with Kherington's body.

"Please, Cordelia, I know you have the power inside of you to help her!" Ava sobbed.

Annabeth stood in front of me "Do not put that kind of pressure on her!"

I shook my head at Annabeth, before kneeling down next to Kherington's body.

Annabeth pulled Ava away, while Allan looked down at me concerned.

"You do not have to do this" he said, knowing that it would not be easy.

I looked down at Kherington "I have to at least try"

I pulled her body closer to me, closing my eyes, just trying to focus on her heart, as I placed a hand on her chest.

What I needed to do was think about how I was when I brought Killian back to life. I wasn't trying to bring him back to life, I was just trying to save him from danger.

I harnessed that feeling that I had with Killian and used it to focus on Kherington.

I could feel everyone watching me, waiting to see if I could actually perform this act.

Just as Kherington let out a loud, desperate gasp for air, I collapsed to the ground, feeling as though I were falling into a tunnel of darkness.