Chapter Fifty

I placed a large sheet of paper out on the dining room table, showing areas of the P'yushchego Vampirov castle drawn on it.

"Are you sure you remember these details well enough?" Montgomery asked, standing next to me.

I nodded "I remember everything about that place"

The four remaining witches in the manor ran into the dining room.

There used to be so many of them and now Tinsley, Ava, Tabitha and Grace were the only ones left.

"A new spell has been placed on the manor" Grace announced.

Everyone else that remained inside the manor all looked at Montgomery and I with confusion.

"I asked them to perform a spell that will make it impossible for the P'yushchego Vampirov to see into this manor with their mental gifts" I explained, leading to their surprised expressions "Samuel cannot see visions involving us and Jakub's mental manipulations and illusions will do nothing"

Montgomery gave me a look to continue, knowing that I was the leader in this meeting, not him.

"Since everyone has arrived, we have lost numerous witches" I began, clearing my throat "I believe that as a whole, witches can be an unstoppable force against them. Because of this, I am suggesting that the remaining witches work on a spell that can be used as a shield to keep the P'yushchego Vampirov from leaving the grounds"

Tinsley stepped forward "A spell of that power needs more witches"

"You must find a solution then" Montgomery spoke "Especially since you all may be the key to a higher survival rate"

"We do not have a full circle" Tabitha explained.

Grace nodded "Yes, we need every element and we only three between the four of us"

"There must be a way and if anyone can find it, you four can" Montgomery said.

Ava took a step forward, clearing her throat "What about Kherington, since is no longer a vampire. Will she stay behind?"

Ava's concern for Kherington was no longer hidden and she showed affection for her, just as Kherington longed for.

Kherington stood "I have been training with Heath, so that I can assist as a protector, like he is among the coalition"

"Is Kherington strong enough?" Montgomery asked.

"She is quick and smart about her moves, so she will be a great help among the fight" Heath explained.

I looked down at the paper, trying to figure out where to move forward in this meeting "Allan, you will stand near the bridge, with Louis, both ready to protect the vampires who will be fighting inside of the castle"

Allan and Louis both nodded, understanding that they would be our main protectors.

Everyone looked at me for guidance in all of this and they would follow me anywhere, so I needed to be the leader they needed.

"You all must understand that there is only four of them, but because of their three gifts and heightened strength and speed, they may as well be twelve powerful enemies" I explained, wanting them to be smart about any moves they might make "Four of them is an army against us"

Killian leaned forward, looking at the paper "Why don't we just go while the sun is out, so they cannot fight?"

"We could go in the morning, when they are at their most vulnerable, but the inside remains just as dark as night, no matter what the sky is like outside" I stood tall "They will still be a threat indoors, just as they would outside"

"What will happen to Samuel?" Florence asked, as everyone looked at her.

"He must be treated as an enemy" Claude said, as if it were obvious.

Claude did not realize that Florence still had hope for her brother, even after seeing him for what he now was.

"You must not help him, Florence; it will only hurt you in the end" Montgomery ordered.

"I want Annabeth, Killian and Edgar with me when I sneak into the back, near the dungeon, while Preston, Audrina, Rose, Walton and Montgomery stand ground at the front entrance"

Montgomery looked at Dominic "I am having you stand with the witches, so you can use your gift of clairvoyance to help the witches in what spells they use"

"Claude, Florence, you both will stand outside, near the front, but to the side. If anyone makes out through the back entrance and heads forward, you are in charge of stopping them. You also must be ready to fight and assist the others as needed" I said, pointing to a spot on the paper.

I looked down at the map, trying to take in everything, figuring out where to place others in needed places "Augustus, you will be with Allan and Louis, so that if anyone charges near them, you can use your gift of mental manipulation to throw them off"

"Heath, Kherington, you will be just at the end of where the witches' shield will be" Montgomery added.

"I must remind you, there are only twenty-one of us who remain standing here. Nine have been sent off to Scotland and eleven allies have died" I looked at all the same worried faces "We must work as a team, working with each other's gifts to make a stronger unit" I continued.

Montgomery nodded in agreement "Each group that has been assigned, must practice working with each other's gifts, every day until we attack"

"Anything could happen if we make this move, so if it does, forget the plan and work together to kill them, because they are stronger and quicker; do not try to kill one on your own" I ordered.

Everyone looked around at one another, knowing that everyone will not make it out alive.

I decided to break the silence "I appreciate every single person in this room and I want everyone to make it out, but there is no guarantee of that"