Chapter Fifty- Seven

As I ran to the front of the castle, I saw Montgomery, Walton, Allan, Claude and Audrina outside the shield, all harmed terribly.

I looked around, trying to count the bodies, but my attention was pulled elsewhere, as I saw Florence frozen at the sight of Samuel holding a dagger to Heath's throat.

"Cordelia, don't!" Dominic shouted, as I ran towards Samuel, but was thrown back with his gift.

I looked at Dominic, realizing that the same thing had happened to him.

"Florence, do something!" I shouted, hoping she would realize what was happening in front of her.

Instead, she continued to stand there in horror.

Samuel looked over to Florence "Sister, all it takes is one bite to join me again"

I looked between the two, wondering if he was doing this as a sick, twisted game, or if he truly did miss her presence.

"Come on, I will even hold your hair back, just as I did when we first became vampires, together" he said, practically ripping out her heart.

Florence tearfully looked over at Heath, then back at Samuel.

We all watched, as she stepped forward.

It was as though she were taking his offer and I could not watch this take place.

Florence let out a cry as Samuel immediately dropped dead.

Gasps were heard throughout, as we realized she had used her gift of necrokinesis to kill him.

She dropped to the ground, sobbing as she crawled to her brother's body, pulling him closer to her.

"Dominic, get Heath to the other side" I ordered, speaking as loud as I could, while in shock.

"I am so sorry!" Florence sobbed, pressing her head to Samuel's.

We knew it was coming, but it was still painful to watch Samuel meet his end.

Florence let out a painful cry as Samuel's body turned to ash in her lap, spreading his remains across her.

I carefully approached her, knowing that her emotions were still all over the place, but she looked up at me, for help.

All I could do was help her to her feet and hug her, letting her know that she was not alone.

Her fear of killing Samuel had come to life and it would be something that she would never be able to get rid of in her memories.

I walked her over to Heath, who she immediately ran to, seeking shelter in his arms.

Augustus and Kherington were the only ones still inside the shield, making me look around worriedly "Where is Louis?"

Kherington and Augustus both looked at me with the same sad expression.

"Where is he!"

"He ran inside the castle when he heard you screaming" Augustus answered.

I looked at the entrance, knowing that this would be the end of something, no matter what the outcome was.

"Stay behind in case someone comes out" I ordered, before running into the castle, feeling as though I were being transported into a black hole.

I heard screams, as I slowly made my way down the hallway, ready to defend myself in case someone popped out.

Jakub and Samuel were dead.