Chapter Twenty- Four

I stood at the balcony, after tightening my robe so the bite marks could be covered as much as possible.

The fear inside me was overpowering every other feeling inside of me. I could just feel them outside, watching, because they were well aware that we were no longer that.

All I could imagine was the Jakub destroying his room in a rage upon finding me no longer trapped on his bed.

I shut my eyes, trying to shake away the idea of it, because it was beginning to make me a paranoid mess.

Despite being dressed in a long nightgown, I felt like there were not enough layers to cover the shame I had all over my body.

A hand was placed on my back, making me nearly jump off the balcony, startling Louis, because he was not aware of how startled I really was.

"I am so sorry, Cordelia. I should have made more of an effort to let you know that I was near you" he said, guilt filling his voice.

I leaned over the balcony, trying to calm down and he carefully placed his hand back down on me, making sure he did it while I was watching him.

"Is this alright?" he asked.

I gave a small nod, standing up straight and looking up at him.

I knew he was trying to comfort me, but despite being back home, in my room, part of me was still in that castle, being violated over and over again.

Just thinking about it made me feel like I was back in a closed in room, unable to move.

"Cordelia, are you alright?" he asked, following me to the bed.

I shook my head and looked down "I just feel weak"

He didn't need to know how I was really feeling and after saving me and everyone else, he did not need more stress on him.

He grabbed a goblet and brought it to me, kneeling down in front of me "Here, drink"

I shakily took the goblet, raising it to my lips, trying to find the way to drink it without shaking all over again and spilling it.

He took my hand and took a seat beside me, trying to get as close to me as he could without setting something off inside of me again.

Only I could not take it and I stood inside, going to the other side of the room.

"Can you please just not touch me, because I cannot, I do not want to be touched" I said, placing the goblet on the vanity.

He stood, staring at me "What did he do to you? Did he-"

"No" I said, knowing exactly where he was going with that question "He did not touch me like that, but it does not mean he did not find other things to take from me or to scar me"

He slowly approached me "Will you ever show me what he did to you?"

I shook my head "I want to keep it hidden" I looked in the mirror, tightening the robe once more "Even from myself"

"Cordelia, it does not work like that, because you will need to speak to someone, especially since everyone is so concerned about you"

I looked away from the mirror and felt my hands trembling "I am the last person they need to be worrying about, because they already hurt me! Besides, they will never kill me, not like everyone else in this manor"

"Cordelia" she whispered, walking towards me, but I shook my head, holding out my hand, making him stop.

"Everyone that was in that dungeon was hurt and some will never be the same because of it!" I shouted, remembering how broken Sandra looked.

Louis shook his head "I was in that dungeon too and I experienced my own form of torture" he reached up to his neck "I too have my own scars now, just like everyone else down there, but it does not mean that I am not still worried about you, especially after learning that you were in the castle"

I looked down.

"When I found out you were in the castle, I felt like trash, just because I knew there was nothing I could do to stop anyone from doing anything to you!" I noticed his eyes were watering "I thought I was going to lose you"

I walked over to the bed and sat down, letting him know that I was not taking this out on him, at least not anymore "I'm sorry, Louis, but I changed inside of that castle and I am no longer the same girl that you once knew"

He looked down at me "I am not asking you to be, I just worry about you" he looked away "You should get some sleep"

I put my head on the pillow, trying to do my best to relax "Please do not leave me alone in here" I looked at the balcony "I will not be able to sleep"

He took a seat on the bed "Why is that?"

"Because every single time I close my eyes, all I see is Jakub hovering over me and I am so scared he will hurt me again"

He stood up again, walking over to the couch "I promise I will not leave you alone; I will be right here"

I knew that it would be long before I got any sleep, but I think both Louis and I knew that it would be a long time before things would get back to calm inside the manor.

-

Another double chapter day. I have written so much out for this book and I cannot wait to post it all. I hope you all are enjoying this one. If you are, please comment and vote for the book.