Chapter Thirty- Eight

I was currently pacing Montgomery's office, speaking to Theodore, while Montgomery was seated at his desk, watching Theodore in amazement.

"Something just was not right about those hand prints on her neck!" I said, while Theodore was taking a seat in a chair.

I came to a stop "And on top of that they were small hand prints, which means the one responsible for that attack was most likely female"

"I just cannot believe how well your powers have developed" Montgomery stated, giving the conversation a sudden change in subject "Because, when Gabriel first told me about your gift, I honestly thought you were crazy, but seeing it like this, it is just" he sat back in his chair "Astounding"

Theodore gave me a look.

"Now is not the appropriate time to be so fascinated" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Are you considering the idea that someone inside the manor is working along with the enemy?" Theodore asked.

I slumped down into a chair "After every single thing that has happened to us, regarding who to trust, the idea should not sound so absurd"

"Well, we must begin looking into who is hurting this household" Montgomery said.

I slowly stood and walked over to the window, behind Montgomery's desk "How do we find who it is, without creating a witch hunt?"

"We will find a way, we always do" Montgomery quietly spoke.

I traced my finger on the window "It is almost as if Gabriel never even existed in this office"

Montgomery stood behind me, placing his hand on my shoulder "You never did tell me what it was like being near the man responsible for his pain"

I stared outside "He appeared human, but was clearly not" I looked down "What bothered me more was seeing Rosalyn straddling him, like Gabriel never mattered in her life"

"Rosalyn has chosen her place and she will fall with their destruction" Montgomery replied.

I turned around, seeing Theodore was now gone "I need to be alone, just to think things over"

I left his office, leaving little time for him to respond, but he knew that I needed this.

As I entered my room, I saw Louis standing at my vanity, so I shut my door and immediately walked towards him.

"How is it that you always know when I need you?" I asked, putting my head to his chest, while he wrapped his arms around me.

"After patrolling outside, I heard of Sandra's death and I knew I needed to be up here to see how you were doing" he answered.

"I appreciate that so much, but I do not wish to discuss her death in details, at least for now" I replied, stepping away from him.

He brushed the hair out of my face "Has the enemy found a way inside?"

I nodded "Yes, but turns out they have been here all along, responsible for the deaths that we thought happened from an outside source"

He took my hand "Come, let me draw you a bath, you need to calm down after what has happened"

I lightly smiled up at him "As nice as that sounds, can we just lie down in the bed?"

He nodded "Of course"

As we walked to the bed, images of Sandra being killed tore me apart inside, all because she was living in fear and she died in fear, finding no comfort in her end.