Chapter Two(:

Chapter 2

It's hard to believe that only the day before I lived the carefree life of any other 8th grader. School was easy and my friends were nice. Of course, I have a best friend with whom I share everything with. Her name is Delilah. She and I have been very best friends since kindergarden. She is a pretty girl with caramel brown hair and bright green eyes. She is very smart too. I practically live at her house. We have the best of times when we are together. Painting nails, watching our TV shows, and, our favorite, just being plain silly. But I know that my wonderful life has to be put on hold, as I am packing my belongings and preparing to flee the only home I've ever known.

"We need to go find them!" I plead.

"We wait for them to find us." Mom responds.

"But what if they don't?! Then what?"

"It's the plan! It is all mapped out."

"What?" I reply confused, "what plan?"

"Don't worry about that now, child, we need to find that darn key! Now, help me look."

My dad has been collecting survival items for as long as I remember. He is very proud but also very protective of his "stash". So protective, he keeps it locked. And the only key we have is hidden somewhere that no one but my dad knows about.

"There is no time! We need to leave and find them! I won't leave our family behind! And what about Delilah? Oh my gosh....Delilah!" I scream at the thought of her being harmed.

"Delilah is fine with her family! Liz and your dad know what to do. Everything will be fine!" Mom replies harshly.

Suddenly, a monster like the one on the broadcast starts beating on the window. I shriek and fall back. I catch myself and grab my bag. Mom pulls me away by my arm and out the door. I barely have time to put shoes on. Next thing I know we are in the car headed for the highway. I'm terrified, not realizing the horror is just beginning.

(So how is it so far? Comment!! I can't wait to get into this story! Don't forget to vote!😊)