Chapter Six(:

We are driving into the woods and no one says a word. I decide to break the silence.

"Dad?" I say.

"Yes dear?" He replies.

"Why did we have to leave Daisy behind?" I ask.

"You know why Mac...having a dog around it's...it's just too risky. Always barking and running around. Plus that's another mouth to feed. But she will be fine on her own"

"Obviously not, after what you just said." I say. He doesn't say anything.

"I had a cat." Amy states. "It was the fluffiest cat in the world!"

"Did you have to leave her behind, too?" Julie asks curiously.

"No no no, Muffin passed away before all this started."

Suddenly Andrea stops the car.

"Well, that's as far as we're getting in the car. The road stopped." She says.

"Well now what?" Liz asks.

"Looks like we're going on foot." Mitch says.

We all get out of the car and get our supplies, which isn't easy. Between the seven of us we had a lot of stuff. I look through the supplies in the back for my stuff and see mom's suitcase. I slowly back away and fall to the ground crying and close my eyes, trying to erase the memory. Mitch runs over and cradles me just like he used to on stormy nights when I was scared. No one else really knows what to do so they just continue gearing up. Once I calm down I open my eyes. I instantly wish I hadn't.

"RUN!!!!" I scream. I jump up and start sprinting towards everyone. "Get out of here!" I yell.

"Oh my gosh....." Dad says.

There was a huge group of walkers coming at us. We each grabbed a gun and ran.

"Aim for the head!" I shriek.

Oh crap. The gunshots are bringing more. And more. And more. Suddenly four come at Amy and Andrea.

"Amy run!" Andrea yells. They both start running and more walkers come and separate Amy and Andrea from us. We run until we get to a highway with dozens of abandoned cars.

"Hide in that big delivery truck!" Liz yells. Dad opens it up and I lift Julie up into it. We all hop in and close the door as quietly as possible. We are all quiet for a moment.

"Where are Andrea and Amy?" Mitch asks.

"They got cut off by some walkers. Saw them running in the opposite direction." Liz says quietly.

"I hope they're okay." I whisper. "Now what? I add.

"We need to figure out what do." Dad replies.

(Can someone please comment? And don't forget to vote😁)