Shocked

Ethan's POV:

I couldn't sleep so I walked down the stairs, slightly hungry. I turned the light on and saw the box of Frosted Flakes on its side.

"Whoopsie." I said to no one in particular.

As I set the back back upright, my stomach growled. I grabbed bowl and set it on the counter, content with the thought of eating cereal for a midnight snack. I tilted the box and began to pour the flakes into the bowl, each of them landing with a plink. I immediately stopped poring the box as I heard a cry of pain. I looked down, shocked to find a small person scooting into the side of the bowl. They were trying to get away from me.

We stared at each other, my hazel eyes into her dark ones. I moved slightly closer in interest and she finally said,

"P-please don't h-h-hurt m-me, g-giant." She whimpered.

I frowned. Giant? I wasn't a giant. Well, to her, I must seem that way.

After my internal conversation, I realized that she was shaking violently. Fear was evident all throughout her face. I tried to soften my features.

"Hey..." I murmured softly. "It's okay."

Bee's POV:

"Hey... It's okay."

I heard him, but my frightened brain would listen. He was going to hurt me. He might eat me. I looked at him again. His face was almost comical. I'd laugh if I wasn't scared for my life right now.

Without warning a hand grabbed me. I flinched, expecting the worst. But he was gentle and cupped me in his hands before holding me gently against his chest. I tried to break free out of pure instinct, but his steady, loud heartbeat calmed me.

"I won't hurt you." His voice shook me through his ribcage and I shuddered.

He pulled me away from his chest and up higher, to be eye level with him. The feeling of vertigo made me dizzy and I clutched a large finger to keep me stable.

He looked... guilty? But how? Alex told me that all giants were bad things that were cruel.

"S-Sorry. Are you okay?"

I couldn't give him an answer, shocked.

"Can you... understand me?" I nodded. That was easier. "Can you talk..?"

I hesitated. What was he going to do to me if I said yes? If I said no? I eventually nodded, but stopped and forced my vocal cords to give my answer.

"Y..Yes.. I can-"

"BEE!"

I turned to see Alex, looking terrified out of her mind. She was on the counter now, drawing her blade. She narrowed her eyes at the giant holding me.

"Put her down, giant! Or I'll... I'll uh..." She backed away as the giant neared her, her confident façade faltering.

"You'll what?" He asked.

Alex looked absolutely horrified for a moment, but masked it.

"Listen, just let her go. Take me." My eyes widened as my sister offered herself to take my place.

I shook my head and was about to tell her that he was okay when he scooped her up gently and placed her next to me on his palm.

I was confused for a moment, but as I was placed back on the counter, I caught the curious glint in his eye. This was a ...test of some sort?

I stayed silent for a while, thinking. I missed their interaction, but as Alex rejoined me on the counter, I understood.

This giant was kind and caring. He was letting us go. "I'll miss you... please don't leave?"

Alex scoffed, her attitude returning to normal.

"You don't even know our names!" She shouted. "I'm Alex and this is my sist-"

"Bee!" I said, my enthusiasm returning now that I was near Alex.

I caught a playful glare from my sister and a chuckle from the giant.

"Ethan. I'm Ethan."

A/N: 650 Words

Short, I know, but I was trying to write before my last class ended. I wanted to get more out, but this is mainly fluff; no Y/N! Thanks for reading! See you next chapter! Also thanks for the support. Y'all are awesome!

~Em