A Small Surprise

To make up for that short chapter, here's another one :)

Ethan's POV:

I had been up for a while, watching the borrowers sleep. Not in a creepy way or anything. I just wanted them to be safe. A smile made its way across my face as Bee stirred.

She was adorable.

My smile vanished as Alex began to twitch in her sleep. She cried out and sweat was forming in tiny beads on her forehead. I scooped her up and gently rocked her back and forth, stroking her back.

"Sh. Sh, it's okay. You're okay." I soothed.

She stopped moving entirely for a moment and I glanced down, worried. I relaxed when I saw her eyes staring up and into mine.

"What..?" She started, confused.

"Nothing." I said softly. "Don't worry about it, little one."

I chuckled softly and laid her back on the pillow next to Bee when she muttered an I'm not little in response. I playfully ruffled her hair with my pinkie and sat down on the bed next to them. The movement shook Bee awake.

"Morning, sleepy head." I smiled. "Jack said he had a surprise for us at breakfast."

"Ooh! What is it? What is it?" Bee bounced excitedly.

"I don't know, sweet pea. We'll have to see."

"That rhymed." She giggled.

"Mhm. Now let's go see what this 'surprise' is."

Y/N's POV:

I woke up on a warm and squishy surface due to a massive index finger nudging me.

"Daaaaan." I groaned.

"Get up, sleepy peepy." He said softly. "There's a little surprise before breakfast, and it cannot wait."

I pouted and rubbed my eyes, sitting up slowly. I realized that I wasn't in his room, but rather the dining room. Bee and Alex were already digging into a slice of French toast.

Mark was cutting into his and constantly glanced at Jack.

"Okay." Jack started to get our attention, "I have something-someone-I want ye all to meet."

Confusion gathered on everyone's faces, but we all masked it with intrigue. That soon faded as well as we saw what Jack brought out from behind his back and now held in his palm.

It was a small girl, maybe about 8 years old, looking around at each of us before curling up.

"Hey, sh; it's okay." Jack coaxed.

I slowly walked over with a small sigh.

"Too many people at once?" I asked gently.

When she nodded, I glanced up at Jack's worried and guilty face before stepping into his palm and sitting down with her.

426 words...

Even shorter than earlier! Why, brain, whyyy... Sorry that it's so short 😞

If you have anything to suggest, such as a scene or something someone says, don't hesitate to leave it!

Thanks for reading!

~Em