Introductions

Ah! Sorry it's been a while!

Reese's POV:

I was nervous to meet everyone, sure, but when I saw all of them, it increased tenfold. I curled up and hear Jack say,

"Hey, sh. It's okay."

He was probably right, but my instincts still screamed danger. Even being in Jack's hand was making me feel apprehensive. I heard a quiet sigh before I felt the weight of something else on his palm with me.

I uncurled and slowly sat up to face the weight only to find that it was another girl. She was my size! Was she a borrower as well? Before I could ask her, or even continue thinking about it, she spoke gently.

"Too many people?"

I nodded slowly.

"They won't hurt you. They're the biggest sweethearts you'll ever meet."

The reassuring smile she flashed and the shine in her E/C eyes let me know how genuine she was being.

"Okay." I said softly, making sure only she could hear me for some reason.

"Do you want to talk to them? I'll be right here if you need me." When I nodded, she patiently waited and I opened my mouth to speak, feeling pathetic and embarrassed when only a squeak came out. "That's okay. Just tell me and I can tell them."

Y/N's POV:

She stood up and whispered into my ear.

"She wants to know all of your names." I relayed.

"I'm Bee!" The curly-haired brunette excitedly exclaimed with a wave, the red flacks in her hair bouncing with the waves.

"Alex." The blonde said, looking more guarded than Bee.

It was understandable though; she'd been through a lot and had some minor trust issues.

"I'm Mark." The black floof's owner spoke in a deep, gentle, and comforting voice.

Wait. Black?

"Mark!" I whined. "Where'd your red hair goooo~?"

He looked confused for a moment before giving  a light chuckle.

"I decided to go back to black." He gave a little wink and I rolled my eyes.

"Alright then. Back to introductions!" I threw my arms into the air dramatically, earning a round of soft laughter from the table's attendees.

"Hey, doll. You can call me Dan or Danny, whichever you'd rather."

I noticed the girl beside me stiffen at the word doll and I sent Danny a look. He seemed to be confused for a moment before looking guilty.

"Oh, I-um.. I didn't mean it in a bad way. Sorry, sweetie."

"She says it's okay; you didn't know any better."

His eyes softened and he nodded. I realized it was my turn to introduce myself since she would already know Jack.

"And since you already know Jack, I'm Y/N." I introduced myself, turning to face her.

"I'm Ethan!" The blue haired giant said with enthusiasm. "What's your name?"

She whispered it into my ear. I wanted her to say it to them herself though so I exchanged a quick look with everyone at the table. I hoped they got my plan as I continued.

"Her name is Rose."

"Oh hello there, Rachel." Mark gave a pretty convincing fake smile.

"Wowie! I've never met a Rayna before." Ethan giggled.

"An adorable name for an adorable borrower, Ruth" Dan chimed in.

"Ye have a point," Jack now. "When Rebecca told me her name, I had to smile!"

"I agree, Robin is a nice name." Alex said, obviously building up for whatever response Bee would give.

"Nice? Ranch is an amazing name!" Bee said excitedly.

Everyone looked at her, stifling laughter at the game name she had come up with for the borrower.

"My name is Reese." The girl next to me finally said loud enough, obviously irritated.

It was too adorable for me to care.

The table feigned surprise, sayings comments like oh that makes sense and I like that more.

"They knew, lass." Jack chuckled. "They just wanted to hear ye speak for yourself."

He poked her gently with her finger in a playful manner, making her giggle.

"Oh okay." Reese smiled, looking noticeably more relaxed.

I smiled, as did everyone else. We were all glad that she was comfortable with us, or at least more than she was before.

Maybe later we could take her to meet the Grumps.

711 words!

A little longer but not the longest haha..

We're approaching the end of this story! Maybe 2-3 more chapters? What do y'all think? 

Any plot points y'all want to take a stab at? ;) Like what does Arin have to do with Y/N's size? And why did he tell her the truth only to alter her memory?

Annyyywaayyy~

Thanks for reading!

~Em