Like who?

Unedited.

After talking for a while Chloe asks to speak privately to me. Me being a good step daughter comply to her demand and lead her to my bedroom.
Once we enter I look at her properly for any marks or bruises my father could have left.
"Don't you worry Nanette your father has not hit me since your wedding. Looks like you not being around makes him calm."

I say nothing . I just gesture to her to take a seat.
Her words used to hurt before but not anymore. I had gotten used to her harsh words.

I didn't hate her. She had been there for me when I had my first period.

She had taught me how to use a pad and a tampon.

Something my mother never had a chance to teach me about.
"Did Yasmina really agree to have a double wedding, she isn't the type of person who would agree to this, you know umm, how she is don't you mother?" I say trying to figure this shit out.

"Yes I know how she is. She is a selfish and a self centered girl." Chloe starts to speak.

Well I guess you rubbed off on her I want to tell Chloe that but I bite my tongue down.

So what if my sister was a bit selfish. She was just eighteen for God's sake. It didn't give anyone a right to cast judgment on her not if I could help it.

"I was really surprised as well when she agreed to this but I guess she wants to marry Maximus as soon as possible so who am I to stop her" Chloe says. "But she just graduated" I try to convince her.
But she interrupts me.
" Why don't you talk to your sister yourself". I'll dial her number and you two can talk. OK!"

I nod as she dials Yasmina's number. She picks the call after the second ring and Chloe hands me the phone.
"Mother?" Yasmina says.

"No it's me" I say.

"What the hell do you want" she asks with such venom in her voice that I almost drop the phone in shock. She must really mad about  this double wedding situation.

So I quickly compose myself "Yasmina it's Nanette! What's wrong with you? I know you don't want this double wedding and I know you must be really angry but  don't worry OK I'll handle this" I try to reassure her.

"No I want this! I want to get married as soon as possible" she says but her voice trembles making me extremely worried.

"Sweetheart what's wrong? Did someone say something to you?" I ask.

She was now full on sobbing but manages to utters "Maximus" in such a voice that breaks my heart.

Maximus that prick! What the fuck did he do to my baby sister.

  "Maximus?" I ask and look at Chloe for answers but she simply shrugs.

Well! Aren't you being super helpful.

"What has he done? Please tell me and don't cry. Whatever it is I will take care of it. I promise" I try to console my baby sister.

"He" she hiccups.

"Yes he?" I encourage her to speak.

"He likes" she says.

He likes?? he dare like someone else then my sister.
Oh I was gonna kick that bitch's ass who thought she could steal my sister's love. Her fiancee.

"He likes you Nanette."

Wait!

what??!!

maybe I misheard her.