clueless and naive

Unedited.

Have you ever been so angry at yourself that you wished to have  a clone just so you could punch yourself in your stupid face?

Have you?

No?

Well I have.

I could not believe that I had been so fucking clueless and naive.

I mean who would've thought that Max had feelings for me.

Well apparently

Everybody.

Everyone around me knew well everyone except me.

My mind goes back to the conversation I had with Beatrix.

"Does Max like me" I ask Beatrix and hear her gasp.

And then silence.

"Well answer the damn question! does he??" I ask again. I hear someone shifting and then a loud laugh.

A loud male laugh.

Salvatore.

Sal is laughing.

So I am on speaker.

"Did Sal know?"

More silence.

"Could you please fucking say something" I was getting really impatient.

"So you finally know? Huh princess!!?!" Sal asks

"So it's really true?" I mumble still in a state of denial.

Sal laughs again before answering "oh it's true alright! The poor bastard has liked you since high school. I mean how clueless could you be? I can't believe it took you this long to figure it out."

Since high school??
We went to the same highschool in America but it was only for a year.
He and Sal were seniors when I had started highschool.
And we never had any classes together. I mean we rarely saw each other.

"Who else knew? Did you know about this Beatrix? Why didn't you tell me?"
I know that if Sal knew about it then Beatrix would have definitely known but I still asked anyway.

"Yes I knew, Sal told me and so did Kara. I never told you because it wasn't really my place to and Yasmina was not even in highschool when I found out so she also never knew. But she heard me and Sal talking a few days ago" Beatrix says sighing.

"Bu- but- I, we-him" I seemed to have forgotten how to talk.

"It's OK Nanette, take a deep breath" Beatrix instructs me softly so I don't panic.
I felt kind of betrayed by her but I also felt like this dumb girl who has no idea with what's happening around her which made me really mad.

So I take a deep breath and ask again "But we never talked in highschool, we barely saw each other, barely exchanged a few sentences! This is so outrageous".

This time Sal is the one who answers while snickering "you mean you barely saw him. I mean how could you see him, you always had a book in your hand . Wouldn't spear anyone a glance. Come on think about it why would me and Max, the most popular kids in highschool hang out in the library during lunch? I mean don't get me wrong Mrs. Irons was hot! but she wasn't that hot that I would skip lunch for her. It was because you were always in there."

What the hell?

I always assumed that Sal came to flirt with Beatrix and also the librarian Mrs. Irons since we were always in the library during lunch and Max being his friend accompanied him. It had never crossed my mind that he would actually come to see me.