Likewise.

Here's a photo of Nanette and Leon's  bedroom.

Unedited.

I've been staring at the ceiling for 2 hours straight. And it's white.
So white, so fucking white and clean.

The room was unfamiliar to me. My guess was I had been moved when I was asleep.

Everything in the room was black and white.  The room looked like it had not been lived in before.
It looked perfect, impeccable even. 
The perfect combination of black and white, modern and chic.

And I hated it.

Despised it.

It looked too perfect for my imperfect life. It felt.... unfair. I could have died yesterday. But it wouldn't have changed anything.

I am revived from my thoughts by the sound of the door opening.

Leon stands at the threshold, I observe him and he does the same to me. He is dressed in a grey suit but it's all crumpled up and his hair's a mess. He looks extremely tired.

After a few seconds of staring he enters while asking me "how long have you been awake? Are you feeling alright?"

His voice sounds exactly the same as before cold and detached.

He is standing near me now as I answer his questions "I am alright now and I just woke up".

He looks at me carefully and then nods as if he were accessing my words.

He isn't worried about me I know, his voice and expressions make it clear that he just wants me safe so he doesn't have to get another wife at least not the one with similar connections.

He sits on the side of the bed and takes off his coat, shoes and socks

He gets in the bed with me and I simply move to make room for him.

He settles in and  puts his left arm around my waist.

I stiffen but eventually will my body to relax, staring at the ceiling once again.

Leon is facing me I can feel him staring at me.

He embrace is warm but all I feel is cold dread. He was calm... Too calm for my liking.

"How... how long have I been asleep?" I ask hesitantly.

"About 8 hours" he says "the doctor came to check up on you? You are fine. You just went into shock."

"Oh it's just shock! Is it? Well that's great then" I thought sarcastically.

But " that's a relief then" was all I said.

"Where exactly are we ?" I say looking around the room.

Leon was playing with my hair unconsciously as he answered my question "we are at our apartment. It's a gift by both of our parents for the wedding."

"Ah.... That makes sense. No wonder I hate it already, I thought. But wait... Did he say wedding???

"Bu-t.. but we aren't married yet?"
I say out loud.

Leon's hand stops caressing my hair. As he whispers in my ear "soon we will be."

The way he says it makes it sound like a menacing promise and a shiver runs down my back.

But Leon continues to talk " your sister and my brother will be given the penthouse below us. Only the prominent members of the familia live here. ?" He finished speaking.

I knew by "prominent" he meant  the ones whom he thought were worth living. I simply gave a nod as answer.

  "This place must be swarming with guards just like the safehouse or even more" I think to myself, the safehouse had extreme security but  I was still attacked.

Who was the man who attacked me? How did he get in? Why did he want to kill me? I had so many questions but I was to afraid to know the answers .

Suddenly I remembered Adele's words when when we had returned from the gown fitting session.

Flashback.

Adele yelled "you are ruining everything. She has a right to know, she isn't safe. Maybe we should cancel the wedding".

"No the wedding is going to happen. I won't appear weak in front of the familia again" Leon says firmly.

Flashback over.

Had she been talking about me ?

Was I the unsafe one?

But why would someone specifically target me when clearly I was surrounded by people more important than me???

This was just not making any sense.

I must have been frowning hard because Leon had been staring at me with an amused expression.

I could ask Leon about this? Right? Maybe he would tell me something about this? Or he may not??

But I just could not resist asking him this and so me being the stupid bitch I am ask him " Leon when... When  Adele and you were talking after the gown shopping she said something . Do you remember? she said someone wasn't safe. Was... she by any chance talking about me? Does someone want me dead"?

His stops Stroking my hair as I hold my breath.

He grips my hair hard.

OK so asking him this wasn't the best choice to make.

That's a wrap. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. And all my lovely readers have a nice day or night.