8||Tips for Kiss Scenes

This post was made by vorchagirl on Tumblr, or vorchagirl.tumblr.com/post/159005575046/would-you-mind-giving-tips-n-tricks-for-how-to

Check them out, give them some love, and enjoy this chapter

Sure! (And wow – I wrote a lot about this!

Writing a Kiss

1: Emotional context to frame the description
2: Body/hands/physical descriptions
3: Description of the kiss (The kiss is a journey! It has a start, a middle, and an end!)
4: The feelings and emotions generated by the kiss
5: You can break up or frame the second with dialogue and thought if needed.

1: I start with emotions/scenarios to frame my kisses – is it a hungry kiss? Demanding? Gentle? Teasing? Loving? And I use these emotions to branch out into what kind of descriptions I'll use. (Eg. A gentle kiss might have feathery light touches, while a desperately hungry kiss might have one person clutching the other to them tightly; their fingers digging into their shoulders with the force of their need.)

2: Next I'll go with the body and hands. Are they pressed together? Is one person's hands roving over the other person's body? If so, what are they touching, squeezing, scratching, clinging to, etc. Are they grinding together, pressed so tightly they seem to almost be one person? Or are they tentative and careful, keeping their distance?

3: Then I'll describe the kiss. Sometimes the kiss starts slowly; a gentle press of their lips. Sometimes one person's mouth catches the other's. Does the kiss start chaste with lots of small kisses? Does one person tease the other person's mouth open? Is it a tongue kiss? If it's a really passionate kiss, are their tongues dancing against one another? Sliding? Swirling together? Do they tease one another with the flicks of their tongues? Do they nibble? Do they pressed kisses along the jaw? To the tip of the nose? (Think very physical descriptions here – but very evocative and sensual too!)

4: What about their feelings? How does the kiss make them feel? Hot and bothered? Tingly? Melting? Burning? Repulsed? Lol. The way they feel is so important! Because it should dictate when the kiss ends and what happens afterwards.

5: Alos, remember to think about how to break up the kiss if you need to. Eg. Are they speaking in between kisses? Thinking anything? You can include dialogue or thought to break up the kiss or direct where it goes.

So yeah ... that's kind of my process for writing kisses! I hope this helps.