Character Personalities in Clothes

this post was made by lets-get-fictional on tumblr, or https://lets-get-fictional.tumblr.com/post/162484136861/hello-its-said-that-the-color-of-the-clothes

check them out and enjoi

Hey, thanks for your question! This sounds like a great level of  detail to go into, and I love that you're putting this much thought into  your characters!

Hey, thanks for your question! This sounds like a great level of detail to go into, and I love that you're putting this much thought into your characters!

If your characters all have to wear the same thing, it may very well feel like you can't represent their personality using their clothes. There are many ways you can still do this, and different colours aren't the only way to show personality in clothing.

Even though your characters have to wear the same uniform, they probably all wear it differently. Perhaps the 'goody two shoes' law abiding citizen will follow instructions about their uniform to a T - no accessories, just the uniform how it's supposed to be worn.

But maybe some of your other characters will 'accessorize', perhaps by means of jewellery, or maybe they physically wear the uniform differently than others. Maybe one person always rolls up their sleeves, or always wears their favourite necklace, et cetera. By doing this, you not only show how well they follow instructions about their uniform, but you also still get some level of choice about what they wear, even if they're wearing the 'same' uniform.

I hope this helped you out, nonny, and if you still have questions, feel free to leave us another ask!

-Mod Gen