Chapter 1 (Fetish)

This story you are about to read is a work of the author's imagination. Any character or thing shown in this book is a product of the authors imaginative world.

Song: 'Fetish' by Selena Gomez

************************************

"Sweetie are you ok". My mom said kneeling beside me as I lay on the floor.
I

had just falling from riding my bicycle for the first time. "My knee hurts", I replied sobbing.
She starred at me with her long blonde hair falling from the side of her face and her golden brown eyes. My mom was always so beautiful.
"It's ok baby, mommy's here". She said then carried me back into the house.

"Come on honey, stay here ok. Don't come out until I come get you ok." My mom said panicked as she hurriedly walked downstairs to meet with some people.

All I heard was shouting and my mother screaming. I peeped through the my room door so I could see what was happening to my mother. I saw my mom lying face down on the staircase and a man who looked very dangerous was towering her. She was still. No movements. And he had a smile on his face.

Suddenly a beeping noise began, first quietly, then it became louder and louder. But the man was not affected by it. He and another guy just walked away leaving my mother on the staircase, face down. And then I screamed as I was being dragged into the darkness.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing. It was 7:06 in the morning. It had been ringing for six minutes.
I sluggishly got out of bed and walked into my bathroom. My reflection in the mirror showed me I had a lot to work on before going to work that morning.

I have always dreamt about this same thing since the death of my mother for a year now. It made me miss her all over again. The police never caught the people responsible. It had been ten years since my mom died and am twenty five years old. Old enough to forget my past and start a new life, some of my colleagues would say. But I don't think I could. I saw his face, the face of the man who killed my mother. There was no way I was going to just let it go.

I was done dressing, so I packed my stuff and keys and left my apartment. My neighbor Larry, doing his morning routine of meditation outside his cardboard-boxed house. I walked silently so he wouldn't here me pass.

"Good morning Sophia". He said with both eyes closed and legs crossed.
I stopped since my attempt for a silent escape was invalid. "Good morning Larry", I said greeting him back.

"'Fetish', any special occasion today, a boy perhaps". He stated after recognizing my perfume. "No Larry, no boy no occasion, just a normal day for work" I said walking slowly away.
"Well then, I shall pray for one to come thy way"
"You do that, I'll just keep going OK, bye Larry".

Larry had been my neighbor since I moved to my apartment and both of us actually grew close to each other. I consider him to be my best friend, and if I ever want to get married, my best man.

I was walking to the bus stop and somehow it felt like I was being followed. You know that feeling your get when someone is invading your privacy, well that was exactly what I felt and it wasn't a good feeling. I had this feeling twice in two days and now. This was getting to creepy. I mean, who wants to stock someone like me.

I turned around to see if I could spot the person and I did. It obviously didn't look like as if he was hiding from me. He was wearing a black hoodie on black faded jeans with boots, kind-of like a swat boots. He also had a face cap on which made it look even creepier.

When the bus arrived, I immediately got in and took a sit. I looked outside to see if he was still there but I saw no one. Then the doors closed and someone walked from the door of the bus, went passed me and took a sit. I turned my head to look out of curiosity and found my stalker inside the bus with me.

I could confront him, maybe after yelling at him people would see how through it was and wrong of him to do that. But what if he wasn't stalking me and just loves to dress like that. What do I do then?.

As the bus stopped, I came out just in time for the traffic light to go green for pedestrians to cross. So I walked quickly to the other side then turned my back to see my stalker on the other end staring back at me. Perhaps he was stalking me after all. Well now he would never get me.
I spent the whole day without the stalker trailing behind me and greatful for that. No one liked to be escorted to work and back by a complete stranger.

I walked down my street with a box of pizza in my hand at night. I wanted Larry to have dinner in my place tonight and not out in the cold.

*********************************

Hi, this is my very first book and it is a pleasure having to write for you all.

Thank you