Chapter 2 (Back Again)

Sweetie are you ok". My mom said kneeling beside me as I lay on the floor.
I had just falling from riding my bicycle for the first time. "My knee hurts", I replied sobbing.

She starred at me with her long blonde hair falling from the side of her face and her golden brown eyes. My mom was always so beautiful.
"

It's ok baby, mommy's here". She said then carried me back into the house.

"Come on honey", a panicked mom pulled me upstairs. "stay here ok. Don't come out until I come get you ok." My mom said panicked as she hurriedly walked downstairs to meet with some people.

All I heard was shouting and my mother screaming. I peeped through the my room door so I could see what was happening to my mother. I saw my mom lying face down on the staircase and a man who looked very dangerous was towering her. She was still. No movements. And he had a smile on his face.

Suddenly a beeping noise began, first quietly, then it became louder and louder. But the man was not affected by it. He and another guy just walked away leaving my mother on the staircase, face down. And then I screamed as I was being dragged into the darkness.

I had the same dream again, every time waking up screaming. I didn't know how long it was going to last.
I stopped my alarm the moment it started ringing. I went into the bathroom, washed up, then prepared breakfast has I dressed up. I made a sandwich for Larry and took it with me as I stepped out.

We greeted each other then gave him the breakfast I made for him and I was on my way.
My usual route to the bus was greeted by the cold feeling of my stalker trailing me.
I waited in my usual spot for the bus to arrive and I noticed him leaning on a wall, wearing the exact same clothing as the day before.

I got into the bus when it arrived and so did he. This time he sat on the other role just in front of me, so I could see his back. When the bus was getting to my stop, he suddenly stood up and was walking towards me. I bolted using the back door. I felt him follow after me, I didn't want him to get to me, who knows if he was going to kidnap me or still my handbag. I crossed the road without waiting for the traffic lights.

I never thought he would follow, but I was proven wrong when I heard the sharp noise from a car's brake. Then I turned around to see my stalker lying on the floor lifeless.

My eyes widened in shock to see his body on the concrete of the asphalt and people gathered around him. Some people were calling 911 while others stood there in shock like me.
But I felt more guilty than shock, if I hadn't panicked and crossed without thinking, he'd probably still be alive.

Soon a cop car and an ambulance came and his body was moved. I felt I needed to go to see him so I called the office to call in sick.
I told the cop what happened and asked if I could come along and he agreed.

By the time we got to the hospital, he was declared dead. I felt horrible at what I had done. Even though he kept stalking me. His body was been transferred to the morgue to await any relatives.
So I decided to go back home since I already called in sick. I was walked the halls, I came across him on a bed. He looked different without the all black clothing I usually saw him in.

"I'm sorry". I said to the lifeless body in front of me. I was to go when something caught my attention. My mother's ring. I recognized its design anywhere. Why was this stranger wearing my mother's ring? I reached for it but the moment I touched it, images flashed through my mind. Images that meant nothing to me but held a lot of horrors and death.
Quickly, I removed my arm from it, looked at the ring and then it's wearer before bolting towards the front door.

The next day

Today, my dreams didn't consist of my usual mother's death story but the images I got after touching the ring on that strangers hand. I didn't want to let it ruin my day, so I got dressed and left the house.

Larry must have been awake all through the night because I could heard him snore. I stood on my spot waiting for the bus to come, then I looked over at the wall he was resting on yesterday and flashes of the images rushed through my head. I tried as much as possible to keep it out of my head.

When I arrived at the office, I apologized to my boss for missing yesterday then went into my and closed the door. I sat on my swirling chair and a thought came through my mind.

If my mom had that same ring, does that mean she was seeing those images too.

My mind kept jumping in an out of conclusions then I noticed something odd on my book shelf. I walked over to it and noticed it was a book. A very odd looking book, which wasn't here the last day I came to work. I was about to open it when a voice called out from behind me.

"Please don't".

I turned around to see the strange stalker standing in my office. I nearly passed out after grasping in terror. His spirit had come back to hunt me.

"Please don't be afraid, my name is Dwyane and am here to help". He spoke out which only just made me tremble in fear of a spirit talking to me.

"Y...you're dead, I....I saw th...the car hit you. You were dead. Y... you", I stammered.
"Are alive". He said to me.
"And I need you to listen to what am about to tell you"

I began to ease up, using my physiology training as help.

"It's about your mother"

************************************

Ok, things are about to get interesting and this is just the second chapter.

Stay tuned for more