Chapter 21

Sophia's POV

Twelve years ago, I destroyed the book that held all the powers of this world, thereby releasing it to the world, and since then the cries for help from civilians has gone up. People reporting strange and unbelievable things happening in their neighborhood.

Creatures that were either siblings or relations turned into hideous monsters, are now going after fellow siblings and relations. The dead rising back up and evolving into deadlier creatures all because I couldn't learn how to stop a single relic whereas my mom was referred to as badass. Abdul was right when he said I had killed everyone the moment I lit the book on fire. It pains me to know that he was right and I didn't believe him, I'm sure he would be laughing at me now.

Twelve years had gone by, and I was no longer living, at least not in the human realm. I had become a fighter in Limbo, fighting in the shadows against these creatures. I was once alone, trying to keep up but through the years more and more people join me in Limbo. I even meet my mom's clone and she trained me, I would have never gotten anywhere without her help.

ONE YEAR AGO

I opened my eyes slowly taking in the sight in front on me. My suits armor was drained and I had no weapon close by, and I was too weak to conjure my powers. So I was helpless.

The beast that was a few feet ahead of me turned it's head and was now looking directly at me. I knew I was no match for it, so I decided on the obvious, run.
Running didn't really do any good, because I knew something was coming towards me and fast. I turned my head a little to see a car being hurled at me. I could not stop it, and it was going to kill me.

Suddenly, Sarah showed up standing on the back on a bike while Lee drove. She cut the car in half making it go in different directions. Then she and Lee went straight for the beast.

While Sarah went head to head with the beast, Lee stayed a few feet from them shooting at the beast muscle exploding time bomb that appear as electric waves.
The beast caught Sarah and threw here towards Lee, so fast that there wasn't any time to evade, before his right hand muscles exploded and he lost the arm.

Lee and Sarah's suit were now damaged like mine but Lee became unconscious from the impact. I quickly ran over to help.

"Mom!"

"Sophia, watch over Lee." She said before charging towards the beast once more.

"Mom your suit!" I didn't think she heard.

I watched her grab her sword as she charged towards the beast. He swung his left arm towards her but went under just in time. She recovered her movement from behind him then drove her sword into his lower back which made him to roar in pain and slam the back of his hand into her, causing her to fall distance away from him and close to were I and Lee were.

I could see the blood pour from her mouth as she stood on all four,  the creature roaring in victory ahead of us. She turned towards me and mouthed a few words before picking up Lee's gun and charging once again at the creature.

I only watched in horror as the creature picked her from the floor and slammed her into the ground but not before she shot what felt like the remaining bullet from Impulse into its head. I watched as its head exploded and it fell to the ground lifeless.

My eyes were fixed on the immobile body of my mom and before I knew it, I was by her side.
"Lee? Is he Ok?" She asked and I nodded. Her voice desperately low.
"Thank goodness". She said as her head slowly dropped on my arms.
No no no no. She can't die, not now. I still need her, I still need my mom. My eyes clogged with tears, I looked over to where Lee was and saw he was already disappearing, then my eyes darted back and I saw myself disappearing as well.

"No, no. No!!!"