Chapter 4 (The Truth 2)

Hey guys, so the story gets interesting as more begin to reveal itself

~☆☆~

I looked at Dwyane, and then at Cassy, trying to figure out what to do next. Cassy obviously knew he was in the room because she was her expression was different. She stared at me with a confused expression.

"Sophia, calm down, she can see me" Dwyane spoke out in my mind assuring me of what I was thinking. Thinking. He must have used that his silly trick on me again.

"Ma'am, ma'am", Cassy called out as she shook me.
"I'm sorry, I um....uh", Being in a situation like this for me was rare, I would have never expected something like this to happen. I guess no one would.

"Are you sure you are alright, I can come back another time", cassy said picking up her bag.
"No no, am I. Please. Coffee".
"Yes please", she said.
I straighten up myself, and walked towards the back where the coffee machine was. I came back with two mugs and handed one over to her.
I took a hugh gulp as I sat down because I had a feeling things were just starting to get crazy.

"So cassy tell me, how is everything going", I spoke after allowing the taste of the coffee cool me down.

"Well, I just came by to thank you for everything you've done for me. I mean Greg and all. He wouldn't have been sent to jail if not for you. Now I believe I can move on with my life without always looking over my shoulder".

"Well cassy, thank you for trusting me", I said placing my hand on her knee.

*********************************

After a while, I lead her out of the office, we said our thank-you's one more time before hugging me then she left.
I closed the door behind me then turned to Dwyane who was pouring himself a coffee.

"What the hell was that", I said confused at the fact that cassy could see him sitting in the same room with her, whereas he just explained how humans can't see him.

"What?" He asked as he lowered the cup in his hand from his nose.
"The whole 'humans can't see me' speech you gave me earlier", I said, now walking towards him.

"Well, it's the truth. But sometimes we put on this ring just so they can, it sought of works for both", he said taking it off and showing me the ring on his palm.
"Ok, but am human, so why can I still see you even when you aren't wearing it?" I asked, now folding my hands.

"It's because you are chosen"

"Great". I said as I used my right hand to rub my forehead as my left just hanged on my waist, and I walked to my sit behind my desk. "Look, is this all a joke because if you are not tired of such a useless prank, I am". I said trying to make him see that he already failed in making me submit.

"Listen, there are a lot of things you don't know yet"

I immediately remembered, he said he knew something about my mom. And instead of telling me about that, he goes on to talk about angels and devils.

"That's funny, because you came here saying that you knew things about my mom that I didn't. But you still haven't said anything yet".

"Fine". He said as he sat down, arranged his suit properly and began talking. "Relics are part of an organisation called 'the X program'. We were created by the first chosen one to bring peace to earth, by containing the world's powers so that it isn't misused, but if the humans ever knew about us and how we worked, they would device a means to end all of us. And like I said earlier, one relic became envious and wanted more power, so he stole the book from our creator - The book were the first chosen had drained all his powers into - It almost killed him but he was able to draw more power from it before it chose its next owner. This relic was known as the godfather. He recruited relic and infused power into them, they also became hungry for more power. As the lyrice grew in numbers, the chosen one then decided to place a spell on the book, a spell that reacts whenever a lyrice touches it. That's why it's here." He stopped waiting to see if I would say anything.

"If it was supposed to go to the next chosen after whatever happened, why did it take long to come here" I asked absent minded as I was jotting down a few instructions to give to my assistant.

"It must have been in your possession all these years but you didn't know because it didn't show itself." I immediately stopped what I was doing and looked up to him.

"Camouflage, is that the best you can come up with." He just sighed then relaxed on the couch.

"You know, am still waiting for that explanation of how you knew my mother and the stuffs she did that I didn't know about, instead you keep bombarding these stories into my head..."

Before I could finish talking, the door swung open revealing Abdul.
"Oh hey, am sorry, I didn't know you had company".

Company. My eyes moved towards Dwyane's hands and I noticed he wasn't wearing his ring of invincibility, so how was Abdul able to see him.

************************************

It took me a long time to edit this chapter but it is finally here.

And don't forget to vote

:)