Chapter 22

Shin's POV

I woke up, my eyes adjusting to the brightness of my surrounding as I struggled to sit up. I knew I was dead, but I thought the dead weren't supposed to feel things, or have emotions, and yet here I was, resting against a wall and very very afraid.

"Hello"

I heard someone say, then immediately turned my head in the direction of the voice. I found out that I was not the only one there. There was a lady that looked a bit familiar and three other guys. One of them was old but not too old, one looked like a high school student and the other looked like a gangster. These were the weirdest combination of people ever.

The lady and the not too old man approached me.
"You, you are..." She began but the not so old man stopped her.
"Are you ok?" The man asked. I just starred at him wondering who he was and why he was dressed in all black. Maybe they were demons. I mean I die, then wake up to see people dressed in all black,come on.

"My name is Lee, and this is Sophia..." He said going on his knees so he could be the same height as I.
"...what's your name?" He asked

"I...um...Shin. My name is Shin." I said stammering.

"Do you how you are here?"

"I...I died. I was stabbed. Where am I?" The high school boy scoffed at my response and continued what he was doing.

"That's Jerry. He doesn't talk much and he does whatever he wants and the other is Andrew but he calls himself Andy but he has been here only a few days. Listen, this may sound weird but everyone here as all died before." Lee said ignoring my question. Then he stood to his feet.

I followed after him now that I was feeling stronger to stand. My eyes met with Sophia again and that's when it hit me. I had seen her picture in the US once.

"I have seen you before." I said to her but she only just turned her face.
"Oh yes, she was a counselor in the United States. I had only seen pictures of her that she was missing, but it must have been a good job right." Lee said with a big smile.

"Who cares." Sophia said. Her face was low and I could tell that she was sad.

That was when noticed the city outside the windows.
It looked very familiar to the city I knew I had been to.
"We are in Pusan." Lee said. And I starred at its beauty. The lights from the building and lights from the street polls helping with the ambiance.

"Then why don't we just break the damn glass and get out of here." Andrew said picking up a chair that looked like it was twice my weight and tossing it over to the glass window. I was shocked to see that not even a cracked was on the glass.

"You all are worthless." Jerry spoke from behind us. His eyes still on a video game.

"What did you say?" Andrews eyes squinted at his voice. He looked pretty angry at Jerry's comment.

"I said you are all worthless." Jerry had now dropped his game and was challenging him. How ever did he think he was going to win against someone as big as Andrew.

"You punk. I wi..." Andrew said charging towards Jerry but stopped in his steps as Jerry pointed the gun Impulse at him. We all gasp at this act then Sophia and Lee started begging him to drop the gun but instead fired a shot at his head then lowered his gun.

It didn't seem like a real gun at first because well there was no bullet. But then his head just exploded and there was blood everywhere. Andrews body dropped to the floor lifeless, my eyes still glued at the lifeless body and my body shaking helplessly. I heard the gun click again and I looked up to find it pointed at me.

I wanted to run but my feet were glued to floor. Fear had taken over my whole body as I starred at the gun in front of me. Then Sophia came in between the gun and me and told Jerry to drop it. How in the world does she not fear it, it blasted this guy head in just one shot.

"It doesn't change anything, he would last and he would just slow us down." Jerry said dropping his gun. The moment he did that, I threw up.

Then a hologram appeared in form of a ball, and it started playing a happy tune. We all kept quiet while the song went on. I was as confused as I was when I got here. Suddenly the music stopped and a voice spoke.

"Your old lives has ended" It began. "I will decide how to use your new lives. That's the way this world works.

"Go and kill this man.." A picture of a man was shown on the black orb. "He may look like an easy target but he is relentless and he never gives up."

After the orb stopped talking, I approached it, placing my hands on the surface.
"What is this?" I asked.

"It's called Limbo. It's what brought you here, it's what brought all of us here." Lee answered.

Suddenly the sides of the orb opened and an armory came into view. Guns like the one Jerry was holding were stacked up in it.

Lee handed me a brief case that had my name on it, and he told me to quickly get dressed.
I didn't know what was going on and nobody seems to be explaining it to me and now am being rushed to dress in black.

"Limbo, get me out of here" Jerry said from behind everyone and immediately his body started to vanish.

"Come on Shin, hurry up." Lee said. His body had started disappearing too. I immediately put on the black costume and as I saw my reflection on the window,I could see myself disappearing as well.