Chapter 7 (Abilities)

After what happened at my office and with Dwyane, everything just came into place. What he was actually saying all this time was true. Everything about relics and lyrice, ancient beings with unbelievable powers and... my mom. Oh my God, my mom was a part of all of this, how on earth did I not know. She was my mom, my sweet hearted mom who loved pancakes mixed with a drop of alcohol and who loved taking ice-cream on a Wednesday after a roller-coaster ride. She apparently turns out to be a really badass mom who can take on a wave of lyrice all by herself.

It was all very shocking and new and I wasn't even myself as the thought moved around inside my head. Everything I knew was all a lie. I didn't even know who I was anymore. If my mom was said to be this amazing being and I am her offspring, shouldn't that make me somewhat like her? What if she had enemies everywhere and now that she's gone, wouldn't that make me the new target?

Questions kept flooding my mind as I sat at the table Dwyane got for us. I was brought back to reality as Dwyane dropped a cup of coffee in front of me then took his seat.
"You okay?" He asked me, taking notice of my discomfort.
"I did tell you not to open the book", he said but I just remained silent, obviously trying to take everything in.

"How did you you know?" He asked me taking a sip from his coffee. I raised my head to see him staring at me. Why would he be asking me such questions, how would I have known, it felt like a joke a few hours ago but now....

"How...did I...know?" I asked stammering. Struggling to get the words from my mouth. I wasn't sure what he was asking about so I just starred.

"That I was going to come to you?" He said.
"Lucky...guess" I said stammering again. Maybe he read my mind again because he just nodded and took another sip from his coffee.
"Am sure you must think am an awful person", he dropped his cup on the table and looked at me curiously as to why I was saying that.
"You told me not to open it and I did, now I look like a complete idiot." I finally said covering my face with both my hands.

"No you don't. But you do look confused and unsure about yourself"

"Are you reading my mind again?" I asked definitely sure I made myself clear about privacy. Even though my mom was a badass relic, she had a rule about her space, and was very strict about it. You can just say I took over from her.

"No, it just shows all over your face" He said laughing a little and taking a gulp from his coffee. I may have been pushing the thought of this but he does look handsome. I mean, those hazelnut eyes, black short wavy hair, prefect jawline, and a killer smile. I definitely missed it before.

I don't think I knew how long I was staring, but I kept hearing my name from a far, like someone was calling to me. The voice grew closer and I could notice Dwyane's lips moving. It was just so prefect.

"Sophia" I finally came back to my senses when I felt someone pinch me on my arm. Out of shock I moved my arm up but then found my arm still resting on the table. Another arm had replaced the original on the table while still joined to it. I stared at my arms then at Dwyane who was looking surprised as well.

Just before I had the courage to speak, my replicated arm poof away. My breathing immediately increased as I kept my eyes on my arms.
"Sophia relax, it's normal. This signs show themselves to signal us on what our abilities would be". I raised my head slowly to face him.

"Excuse me!" I said imaginably freaked out I was to see my arm become two without causing even a slight of pain.
"Relax" was what he said again and I was already as calm as lonely pond. It was strange what he did to me and how he made me so calm all of a sudden. Perhaps that's another one of his tricks.

"You would definitely need to learn about your abilities"

"Abilities?" I asked

"Yes, abilities given to you as a relic"
"Abilities like what?" I asked as I watched him drink the remainder of his coffee. "Do you mean like what you did earlier in my office that got us here and what just happened to my hands now" I said definitely freaking myself out.

"Ok calm down but yes, something like that. Expect yours would be determined by you" He said as he looked between me and my coffee.
"You haven't even touched your coffee" He said.

"By me? So what I just like decide what I want and I'll magically get it" I said completely ignoring his comment on my coffee.
"No, even if it does sound simpler but the book does it for you, it only gives what the heart wants" He said as he rested his hand on the table. I immediately realize something as my eyes meet his hands.

"Umm... just to sure, humans can see you right or am I just talking to myself?" I asked realizing I did not want to look like a mad person sitting in a restaurant talking to herself about abilities.

"Yes they can, now come, we have to go" He said standing up. "Wait, perhaps you were right to notice, I actually wasn't wearing my ring, so I guess you were talking to yourself".

"What!!!" My skin could literally leave my body right now out of embarrassment. "Are you kidding me"

"Yes I am Sophia, get yourself together and don't draw any attention" He said as he put on a dark shade to match the jacket he was wearing.
"Come on"

"Where are going?" I asked. Not wanting to be taking anywhere else without my permission.
"It won't be long before they track us here" He said then sent a text to someone on his phone which I honestly didn't know he had. We walked through the crowd, then made our way to any alley, went through the back door of an apartment,through the stairs, across the hall and soon enough were standing face to face with a room door.

Dwyane checked if we were being followed before putting his right hand on the wall beside the door handle. It shown green around his arm and the door clicked open.

***************************

It's so hard writing from my phone all the time so am sorry if this came a little late but here it is nonetheless.

Have fun.

:)