Chapter 6 (The Book Revealed)

It had been exactly two weeks since Dwyane left, leaving me to 'keep an eye on the book'. Everyday since that day, I had been looking around closely to see if I could at least steal a glance of him passing by, but nothing, the only thing that left a memory of him was the book he kept in my care.

I had been stealing glances of it from time to time as I went about my daily work. Abdul had been questioning me about everything more than I was. Maybe I recognized it as truth.

Ever since Abdul knew that Dwyane was related to me, I hadn't heard the last of it. Day after day, he kept asking how he was doing, and when I'll say 'he's ok' in a not-so-concerned way, he would hit me on my shoulder, scolding me. He would go on to give me speeches about how we should hang out more now since we haven't seen each other for a very long time.

Well, even if I wanted to, I don't even know where he is or where he went, so how was I supposed to hang out.
My scanned my office and soon enough met with the book that began all this. I remembered Dwyane saying that if I opened it, it would draw the lyrice to my location. But since he knows I'm new to all of this, perhaps he would sense it and come to the rescue.

I walked towards the shelf, picked up the book, ready to open it even though I knew it would attract the lyrice too, but I needed to know, to be sure I wasn't been played a fool and also to see if he would come back.

I took in a deep breath, put my hand on both ends of the book and with a cease of my breath and eyes closed, I opened it.

I have to admit, I was expecting more like a bright blinding light to emerge from the pages but nothing. I carefully opened my eyes to meet with the rough old pages of the book.
I had a lot of books in my office and none had pages this old. I was shocked and breathing slightly heavy as I ran my hands through the pages, I noticed one thing in particular amongst the different images, it wasn't English.

"Seriously", I said angrily as I looked at the myth in front of me. Although totally furious as to how I let this happen and ulterly excited to have an ancient book in my hands. Imagine what knowledge I would discover from it. As I looked throughout the pages, something grabbed my attention. It wasn't at all clear to my understanding but I felt it was.

I took the book to my desk where I immediately wrote down what was there. As I was writing the words down, I heard a familiar voice calling, but in a panicked state.

"What did I say about opening the book" Dwyane said as he walked quickly to where I was.

"Well, I....", I started saying but Dwyane cut me off almost immediately.
"Or did you not hear what I said".
I looked at him. Anger building up inside me.

How dare he. This was my office, last I checked and he can't just come in here and order me. Wait a minute, how did he come into my office.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said ignoring all what he just said.
"There's no time, we have to go..." He said turning to face the direction of the door.
"Am not going" I said regretting I did the moment the words came out of my mouth as I saw him stop abruptly.

"What." Was all he said as he slowing turned his head.
Fear immediately enveloped me as I saw his eyes. My legs started shaking. I was struggling to move my body backwards as I saw him advancing towards me, but I wouldn't move.

"I said am not going, not until you tell me how is it that you can into my office without using the front door" I said deciding to stick with bravery. I desperately needed to know how it was that he kept coming into my office and not through the door.

"You seriously do not expect me to go over everything I had just told you, do you?" I stood there silently feeling the fear leave my body as the emotions in his eyes changed to that of concern.
He walked over to me and took my hands in his, "when we are somewhere safe, I will tell you anything but right now, we really need to..." his words were cut short as the door to my office swung open revealing three men in black suits.

At first I thought they were federal agents, but then again why would federal agents be in my office.
"They are here" he said in a low tone. "Grab the book, quickly". I hurriedly took the book from my table along with what I wrote down. As I stayed glued to Dwyane, one of the men in suits raised his hand and suddenly thorns shot out from them towards us.

My first defensive move ever since I could move my limb, kicked off immediately as I saw what the man did. Without hesitation, my mouth opened wide and I found myself screaming very loudly.

My eyes were closed but my mouth was fully opened, releasing scrambled words that did not mean anything except fear. Fear for my life.

I felt my entire body throbbing intensely and then it stopped. When I opened my eyes, I noticed we were no longer in my office but somewhere else. I let go of Dwyane as I felt something moving inside of me. I suddenly tripped and let the book hit the floor. I moved towards the grass on my knees and palms then threw up.

"Am sorry, I should have told you to take in a deep breath, but then again, there was no time" he said to me in a cocky attitude. I, on the other hand, had just finished throwing up what felt like my entire digestive system, turned to face him more amazed than scared of the being in front of me. He definitely wasn't human.

"Nah, I good. Am good" I said getting back on my feet. "Where are we?" I asked planning on discovering how far he had taken me. I would want to know how much I would be spending on my way back.

"We are Brazil", he said with a smirk

"What"

********************************

Let it begin!!!!
Straight face leading to a demonic smile...

♤♤♤
Learnt that from another writer, it feels really awesome

:)