Save me from the darkness

This is a new story I've come up with. If some of you have read my other book, Lesson's of being a mate, I've put it on hold. I've got writers block on that story at the moment. So I've started this one. YAY. A new story. Lol this is also a werewolf story so I hope you enjoy

Prologue

I pulled my shirt over my head as I got ready for the pack meeting later. “Lauren. We need to speak to you now.” I heard my mother call from the stairs. Her words made me flinch. Something bad was going to happen and I knew it.

I opened the door and peaked out onto the hallway. I could hear my sister’s music playing from her radio from the room down the hall. I bit my lip and headed towards the stairs. I saw my mother waiting there tapping her food. “You know how I hate to be left waiting.” She told me and I nodded.

“Sorry Mama-“  She shook her head and held up her hand to me.

“I don’t want your excuses.”

“But I-“ She gave me a hard look which told me to shut up. I kept my lips tight together. Her hard stare gave everything away. My father was coming out of the kitchen with a disappointed look on his face. He glanced over me and shook his head.

“Lauren. Why are you here?” He asked me and I frowned.

“I live her-“

“No. You know what I mean. Everyone else your age is living with their mates and your still living at home. It’s almost an embarrassment.”

“I don’t need a mate though.” My mother scoffed.

“Don’t be stupid dear. Everyone needs a mate. Even if you like them or not.”

“But mama-“

“No buts Lauren.” I glanced behind her. Two large bags were on the floor by the front door. I stared at them and then looked back up at my mother.

“Mama-“

“You haven’t been out the house once this month. Your stupid fears can’t hurt you. I don’t know if it was my fault that you’re so scared of everything but for some reason your sister isn’t afraid of anything.” I stared at my mother. My fingers twitched in fear of her striking me. She has never hit me before. She hasn’t needed to.

“Do you really think my mate could actually help me?” I whimpered “No one else has been able to help me and you think that he could?” I cried out. My mother placed her hands on her hips and stared at me.

“Your father helped me, didn’t he?” My bottom lip trembled. Her hard glare was focused on me. I heard a car pull up outside of the house. My father grabbed both of my bags and my mother grabbed my wrist “You will not return home until you’ve found your mate. I don’t care how long it takes, I want you to get over your stupid fears and be a normal werewolf.” I whimpered at her grip. It was too hard on my wrist.

She forced the car door open and shoved me into the seat. I glanced at the man next to me who was staring at his steering wheel. “Mama.” I whispered and she shook her head at me.

“I promise that your mate will help you.”

“I don’t need help.” I cried out. She sighed and shook her head. She shut the door closing me in the car. I squeezed my eyes shut. I hated cars or anything that moved for that matter.

Okay so this is just the Prologue but tell me what you think.

I'm not sure if I should take it down or not. Since this is a bit different from my other stories.

Anyway vote and comment.