Chapter Sixteen

Hey everyone. Sorry for the such long wait. I've been really busy. Homework for school and I've got a monologue due for one of my drama classes aslong as I'm also trying to chroegraph a dance number. So yeah. I really hope you like this chapter even though it's a little short.

Uneddited

Chapter sixteen

Lauren’s POV

The sun streaming in through the window pushed against my eye lids until I was forced to open them. Isaac was already moving around the room. He was busy looking through draws and through the large closet. I sighed and pulled the blanket up to my chin. He must of heard me and swizzled around to face me.

“You’re awake.” He seemed excited by the fact and I turned away from him. I flinched as I rolled onto my injured shoulder. “Lauren. You must wake up.” He told me lightly touching my shoulder as if he might break me. “We’re having a pack meeting to formally introduce you and to show everyone that their alpha female is okay.”  I shook my head at the thought of standing in front of a large crowd and having every set of eyes staring at me.

“Lauren. Please. This is important. You may sleep later.”

“I’m supposed to be on bed rest.” I told him and he stayed silent for a moment before speaking again.

“You will only be out of bed for a couple of hours. It will not harm you.” What if they hated me though? They must think so many bad things about me already. I ran away from them like a stupid rogue. “Please Lauren. Don’t make me carry you down there in your pyjamas.” A laugh slipped past my lips and I slowly sat up. His eyes lit up instantly and he grabbed the dress from at the end of the bed.

“Here. It’s my sisters. She said you could borrow it.” I took it from his hands and stared at him. He stood their studying me before realising why I was staring at him.

“Oh right yes of course.” He grinned before slipping outside. I slipped my legs over the side of the bed and stood up leaning onto my good leg as I pulled off my pyjamas and into the dress.

I limped over to the door and pulled it open to see Isaac chatting to Kent. “And everyone is downstairs?” Kent nodded his head and looked over Isaac’s shoulder at me.

“Yes Alpha. Your mate is waiting for you.” Isaac quickly turned around to look at me and smiled.

“Beautiful” He murmured before walking towards me and wrapping an arm around my waist. “The pack has been waiting to formally meet you, my mate.” He led me forward as I quietly limped at my side. I could tell he was trying to make me put most of my weight onto him so that I wasn’t in pain but I didn’t even want to be touching him no matter leaning on him.

The sound of talking was getting louder the closer we got towards the foyer. “Everyone is in the garden Lauren. Don’t worry.” We came to the stairs and he lightly lifted me towards him so I wasn’t putting weight on my injured leg.