Chapter eight

Okay so this isn't long but I've been sick for the past four days so I've been trying to write as best as I can. This is sort of editted but sorta isn't. I only had time to look over the first part.

Enjoy.

Chapter eight

A blanket was draped over my shoulders as I huddled on the bench in the training yard. The loud sound of teeth clamping onto another person’s skin made me cringe. The person who have given me a blanket sat down next to me and watched the young men in front of us fight it out. They were mostly between the ages of sixteen and twenty-nine but some of them were older by the looks of them.

I glanced over at the girl to see her sit cross legged on the bench and tapping her fingers on her knee to a random beat. “I haven’t seen you around before." She faced me on the bench and stuck out her hand "My name is Tatiana.” Her whole body posture screamed confidence. She sat up straight and her dark hair was pulled back into a ponytale. I shook her hand lightly and turned my head back to the men.

“Lauren.” I muttered and she nodded happily. The studied the crowd for a moment before leaning back on the seat. Her green eyes swept over the crowd in search of something.

“The man with the dark hair over there is my mate.” She told me. I glanced over to where she was looking. I guessed her mate was the taller one with the black hair that was tied back at the nape of his neck. I would say it went down to his shoulders if it wasn't tied. The scar that ran from the top of his left eyebrow and down his face told a different story to what his gentle look would appear.

He was wrestling a much younger man. Tatiana's mate had him in a headlock and they were heading for the floor . “His name is Jonathan. He's one of the nicest men you'll meet out there but he’s a pain in the ass most of the time.” She grumbled the last part making me giggle. 

She turned her head to look at me again. “So? Which one is your mate?” I suppose it was natual to guess that a stranger would of been welcomed into the pack because of their mate. My eyes swept over the crowd to land on Isaac near the back.

“He’s, er, he’s over there.” I said nodding to Isaac and the older man who was now on the floor looking in a lot of pain. Tatiana looked over there and winced.

“Aren’t you going to go over there? Your mate looks really badly hurt.” She asked in confusion. It was obvious why she thought that and I pulled the blanket further around me

“The one of the floor isn’t my mate.” I muttered and she looked over at me before looking back at Isaac. Her eyebrows quickly went into an arch and she leaned back.

“Your Isaac’s mate huh? I wouldn’t imagine you as an alpha’s mate. More of a warrior’s…” There was a silence between us and Isaac looked up at us. He glanced at Tatiana for a second before grabbing a towel and whipping the sweat of his face. I don’t understand how he could be getting all hot and sweaty. It’s colder then a freaking freezer out here and he still makes me come out.

He was suddenly throwing the towel on the nearest rack and looking back to us. I watched as he stalked over to us and held out his hand for me to take.

“It is nice to see you Tatiana. How is Jonathan?” It surprised me that Isaac even knew Tatiana. She's one out of the hundreds of female mates. Like greating an old friend she shrugged

“He’s fine. I wasn’t aware you had found your mate. Have you been keeping her from the pack?” Her eyes gleamed in amusement and Isaac shook his head.

“No. I’m announcing her at the meeting on Saturday. If you’re not there again-“

“Hey. That wasn’t my fault. I had to take care of Ross. He had been up all night with his crying.” I suddenly felt so left out of this conversation. Was Ross her child? A pet? I wouldn't even know. I bit my lip and looked down at my feet so I could try to look less awkward.

“Well thank you anyways for looking after my mate Tatiana but it was not needed-“

“Yes it was.” She shot back before standing to her feet and moving away. I was shocked by her sudden outburst and watched her walk towards her mate. My attention was pulled back to Isaac. He looked down at me and tilted his head to the side.

“Would you like to go inside? I’ll make one of the maids get you a hot drink.”

“S-sure.” I stumbled over my words. He lifted me to my feet and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. He guided me out of the training yard and through the young children which were playing. It looked like rough playing with the guys tackling each other over and then giggling. The thought of these young children once turning into uncontrollable beast sent chills down my spine. It scared me to think like that.

Isaac saw my reaction to the children and sighed “I’m sure the children in your pack were the same. This is a process that every male in the pack goes through. They will find who is the strongest and put themselves into a food chain. Simple enough don’t you think?” He asked me and I looked up at him.

“They are too young.” I whispered and he shook his head in disagreement.

“If you were to learn the ways of a pack when you were young then you would have learned this. This is part of survival for a pack. It’s how we defend our pack from hunters, rogues and other packs. If our children did not learn to fight at a young age then we would not exist today.” I crossed my arms over my chest and wrapped the blanket around me further.

“And what about the girls?” I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders.

“I am not one to interfere with their stupid dress up hours and make up times.” The muscles in his arms clenched and then unclenched as he was trying to fight a memory. From the look of his face it was an embarrassing one.

“So girls don’t really ‘sort’ themselves out?” I asked him and he snorted.

“Hardly. They are too busy trying to catch the boy’s attention then put themselves into line. Plus there would not be a point. They would get the same status as their mate anyway.” How sexist of him. Jerk. I started to walk more quickly to try an escape him. He seemed amused by my attempt at escape and could easily keep up.

“You certainly are playful when you want to be.” He mused, always staying one step behind me “I seem to be bringing you out of your shell more then I intended.” I snorted lightly and I was suddenly being lifted from the ground. I squealed and started to fight the stupid man behind me. He chuckled and placed a light kiss on his mark making my knees go weak.

“Perhaps it’s time to start trying to create my heir.” He turned me around to face him. His face was suddenly coming too close for comfort and I started to lean back.

I slapped his chest hard trying to get him to straighten up. He didn’t seem to get the point and grabbed the back of my neck. I yelped in surprise and put my hand on his face trying to make him back up. Bad move. His teeth bit down on the skin between my thumb and my index finger.

I glared at him and managed to punch him in the face. He growled and let me go. I tumbled to the floor and looked up at him. He whipped the blood starting to dribble out from his nose and he glared at me.

“Did you just punch me?” He growled and my eyes went wide. He was suddenly grabbing the front of my shirt and pulling me to my feet. I turned my head away from him preparing for him to hurt me. I squeezed my eyes shut but the pain never came. Instead I felt him breathing on my neck and then nuzzling it.

He planted a kiss there and I looked at him. “It was good.” He whispered in my ear before pulling back to study my face. He was suddenly grinning at me “Just remember to clentch your first harder." Isaac said as he tightened his grasp around my hand 

“That way you won’t break it.” He muttered and kissed my knuckles. He looked up at me at my shocked expression. I had no idea what was going on. He smirked. “Perhaps I have found a way to try and lure your wolf out.” I watched as he suddenly went off into thought thinking of something before shaking his head and whipping the blood beneath his nose off with his left hand.

“I think we should both get cleaned up before lunch.” He told me and I nodded. I watched him walk ahead and I slowly followed him. I’m so confused.

Please Vote, Comment, fan and add to your library.

Next chapter should be up shortly