Chapter twenty

Hey everyone so I'd just like to make something clear before your like 'it's moving to fast' and complain about it. Basically this chapter is about her accepting her mate and accepting that she's now a luna of a pack and that comes with responsibilities. So I get if you wanna hate me when your finished cause it's so short but yeah. Sorry

Enjoy

Chapter twenty

Lauren’s POV

“So Lauren” Naomi started sitting next to me and wiggling her eye brows. Carly was grinning wildly at me and kept standing in front of me “Have you and Isaac… you know?” My head whipped around to her and my eye brows shot right up.

“What?”

“You know what I’m talking about Lauren.” She said nudging my shoulder like we were back in high school sharing secrets. “Have you and Isaac… you know?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I told her keeping a confused face before Carly huffed and crossed her arms becoming very inpatient.

“Have you and Isaac had sex? There Naomi was that what you were trying to say?” Carly finally blurted out before turning to me when Naomi nodded embarrassed and I still hadn’t said anything.

“Why does it matter?” I asked standing up and Carly rolled her eyes.

“Because it’s something all normal she-wolves like to talk about”

“I think we’ve kinda established that I’m not exactly ‘normal’.” I told her and she shrugged her shoulders.

“Are you going to answer us or not?” I traced the outline of the old fireplace we were all sat around in one of the empty living rooms.

“No we haven’t” The two girls gasped in shock and Naomi turned me around at full force.

“What do you mean you haven’t?” She said beginning to shake me a little.

“We just haven’t. We’ve both been really busy and-“

“That’s no excuse. Everyone in the entire pack knows that Isaac wants kids and as soon as possible. He used to sit in his office and dream about it for half of the freaking day.”

“Hang on… What?” I said pulling her arms away from me “I’m kind of confused. I’m pretty sure that I won’t get pregnant the first time I have sex. Especially if we use protection-“

“Oh honey.” Naomi said shaking her head and wrapping an arm around my shoulder “Nothing will stop those little buggers from getting in you and taking over your baby making machine. It’s common fact that a Luna always gets pregnant on the first try. It’s a survival instinct an alpha has.” I swallowed the lump that was slowly forming in my throat.

“I don’t even know if I want kids. I’m too young.” I squeaked out and Carly shrugged and threw herself onto the couch.

“Well I’m sorry but get ready for some babies because I’m sure Isaac will be pestering you soon. He’s full of male testosterone.”

“But I-“

“I heard my name.” Isaac said entering the room with a grin on his face “I hope you were talking nice things about me.”

“Yeah sure if you call-“ Naomi covered Carly’s mouth with her hand and smiled at Isaac.

“Sorry Isaac. Girl stuff, you can’t question it.” Isaac’s eyes slowly drifted from the two girls to me and his smile turned into a frown when he saw my face.

“Hey what is wrong?” He asked coming towards me. I shook my head when he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“It’s nothing Isaac. Just thinking”

“Well okay.” He said not questioning it any more “Do you want to get some dinner with me before we go to bed.” I nodded and glanced over my shoulder to see Carly rocking her arms back and forth like she was holding a baby and making a really stupid face. I shot her a quick glare before leaving with Isaac.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I finally kicked off my shoes when I fell onto the couch in our bedroom. Isaac was walking into the wardrobe taking of his tie on the way and it got me into thought. My thought drifted towards the conversation the girls and I was having earlier. My eyes drifted up to Isaac who was coming out of the wardrobe while tying up a knot in his pyjama pants. “Lauren I-“ He looked up at me and cut himself off when he realised how he had interrupted my line of thought. “You’ve been really distracted today Lauren. What’s wrong?”

My eyes drifted down towards the plush carpet and I sighed “So you want kids?” I asked him finally looking up at him to see his reaction. He shrugged lightly before taking a seat next to me.

“Every alpha wants kids Lauren. It’s a natural instinct.” He studied me for a second before continuing “If I didn’t I knew I wouldn’t be a good alpha. Nor would I of ever been the alpha.”

“How many?” I asked in sudden interest and he relaxed his head back and stared up at the ceiling. “Four. Three boys and a girl would be perfect.”

“Wouldn’t the girl get a little swamped with the amount of boys in the house?” I asked him and he looked back at me.

“No. She would have you. Even if she hated you she wouldn’t be able to for very long.” He grinned playfully at me before standing up and heading towards the bathroom.

“I’ sorry Isaac” I called to him and he stopped in his tracks before turning around.

“What for?” Dropping my head I started to bite my lip.

“For not being the perfect mate. I mean you need someone who would be able to have kids straight away. Now I understand how much you want them it’s-“ I cut myself off quickly before sobs escaped from my mouth.

“Lauren. Look at me.” I didn’t lift my head until he put a thumb under my chin and lifted it himself. “I don’t want you ever thinking that you’re not the perfect mate because you are. We’re improving each other every day. I’m making you into a person who doesn’t have to fear the world and you’re making me into a big soft man.” A smile broke out onto my lips and he kissed them lightly. “And as for kids, I can wait forever. We don’t have to have them now and if you don’t want them ever that’s okay. We have Delos who can take over. That’s why-“

“I want to fully mate.” I butted in on his speech and he pulled back a bit.

“Lauren. You don’t know what you asking. As soon as you give me permission my wolf will take over and I’ve been trying to keep him under control for so long that I-“

“I don’t care Isaac. It’s not fair to keep you waiting any longer.” I could see his wolf bubbling to the surface slowly as Isaac tried to hold him back as he cradled his arms around me. “J-just be gentle okay?” I whispered and he nodded softly before laying me on the bed.

So I know this is kinda weird but I've already finish the book on word and I'm now edditing it on word and making it better and maybe a few more chapters but I've got the epilogue sorted out and it's perfect. Well I think it is ahha.

Vote comment fan