Chapter three

Hi everyone. So heres another chapter and I really appericate all the votes and reads. Love you all. I've just gotta say this but it's my birthday on monday YAY so I'm pretty excited to I decided to put this chapter up. I hope you guys like it.

(Also I've arranged it so that a delta is the third in command in a pack and an omega is the lowest. So no confusion later)

Chapter three

Every day here seemed to be agony. As soon as I entered the kitchen I was shoved or pushed somewhere. I hardly did any of the work since every time I heard someone approach I would instantly tense up and freeze. Sophia ended up doing most of my work, making me feel bad in the process.

I flinched as I looked up at the tall window. I had soon worked out that everyone works in pairs and it seems to work well here. Sophia was climbing on the ledge at jumping up and down trying to reach the hard to reach places when she squinted to look out the window at something. “Hey Lauren” She looked down at me “Can you pass me the-“ Then she squeal as she lost her footing on the ledge and started to fall backwards. I was too shocked to do anything as I was waiting for the loud crunch of breaking bones.

There was nothing. I stared at where she would have landed. A young man stood there grinning at the Sophia.

“Hello there.” He purred. I haven’t seen him around here. “I’m Caleb and you name is, mate?” Mate? I tilted my head and studied the couple. Sophia sat in his arms bridle style and she reached up for his black hair and then kissed his nose lightly.

“Sophia.” He tested the name on his tongue once before setting her down on her feet. I had never seen two people meet and instantly become mates. Even though I wanted to, I never had the guts to leave the house.

I shifted from one foot to the other uncomfortably as the young man, Caleb, rocked his mate back and forth lovingly as they stared at each other. It made me wonder if I would ever find my mate. Would he be nice? Or would he be a possessive jerk like most are? Is he an omega or a high ranking warrior?

I shook my head clearing my thoughts before I cleared my throat. Sophia giggled before he set her on the floor. Caleb turned to me and narrowed his eyes. Of cause he had to reason to trust me. I probably looked like a rogue to him who came to kill his mate.

His intense gaze made me more uncomfortable by the minute. I looked at Sophia, pleading her to make him stop. She nudged his arm and he looked back at her. “Caleb this is my friend Lauren. She’s new to the pack…” Caleb turned to me and tilted his head.

“New? How?” I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out. I closed it again and looked at the ground. “Are you mute? Speak.” He barked. I cringed away from him and his angry tone.

“Don’t shout at her.” Sophia shouted at him “She’s my friend and you will treat her as such.” I saw her turn and walk away.

“Sophia love, I’m sorry. She looks like a rogue. Come on talk to me.” He pleaded after her. I stood there on my own for a second before grabbing the stuff from the floor and walking back towards the maid’s quarters. Moving quickly to try and avoid as many people as I can. I dumped the supplies in the cupboard before turning around and coming face to face with the bete.

His eyes narrowed down on mine “You.” He said pointing at me making me back up further away from him. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He growled out. I whimpered and turned my head to the side trying to avoid eye contact. “Don’t look away from me.” He grabbed my chin and forced me to look back at him “Now tell me what the hell you were doing?” I flinched away from him.