Backflash

A few months ago:

Vandal Savage. An evil dictator blessed with immortality. He has achieved what no one in human history ever has. He has conquered the entire planet.

"Lucy!" Chloe yelled my nickname at me in concern I was at her house I was supposed to go home a week ago before the lockdown which was put into place by the Resistance. We weren't supposed to leave the house. The he house had just went up in flames. "I'm over here!" I called threw the flames. We met up and ran out the door her family was outside waiting for us. Savage's forces were shooting everyone in sight. Luckily Chloe's parents built a secret bunker to hide out in. The family got in and I was about to as well but I hesitated. "Lucy come on." Chloe said taking my hand. "My mum and Jonas are out there I have to go find them." I argued. "No it's to dangerous." She replied. I got out of her grip and shut the bunker and legged it to my house dodging all the guns firing at me. I got to my house or what was left of it. I saw my brother Jonas laying there dead and my mother who started coughing. I fell to my knees and held my mother. "Mommy stay with me." I begged crying "Lucinda I love you." She said quietly. "Save your strength." I said crying. "I'm so proud of you and I know one day you'll become the woman I know you can be. And don't blame yourself it's not your fault this is Vandal Savage's fault. I love you Lucinda Maranda Hunter." Mum said holding my cheek "please don't leave me." I broke down as she went limp and died in my arms. I hugged Jonas's dead body wanting them to come back to me.

I was there crying for an hour it was a miracle that Savage's forces didn't shoot at me. "Lucinda!" I heard someone yell I turned and saw my papa run over to me. He saw mum and Jonas and he fell to the floor and started crying he never cries. He brought me into a hug. And we both cried. We were only there a minute before Savage's men started shooting at us again. Papa picked me up and he ran to the ship. Away from the gun fire.