pilot part 2/2

So as expected something went wrong, there was almost a nuclear explosion and ass hat Ray lost a piece of tech so now 2016 could be absolutely obliterated by Vandal F ing Savage.

I heard the team fighting as they were coming to the bridge (sorry it's not Brig like I thought) "Well, I'm really glad you were the one calling the shots." Ray said sarcastically to Snart, like he could talk. "I had it under control until the Professor started picking fights with the PLO." Snart snapped back. "You let your ego endanger our entire mission." Carter said blaming Stein. Seriously you're supposed to be the good guy at the moment all your showing me is that your not a nice person. "No, Mr. Rory's temper got completely out of control..." Stein started blaming Mick. "I thought we were friends, Professor." Mick snapped back. "At least there's one less nuclear bomb on the planet." Kendra said looking on the bright side. As they saw us me and Papa started clapping slowly and sarcastically "Here, here. Now you all deserve hearty congratulations." I said sarcastically. "Not only did you fail to capture Savage, you exposed yourselves and your powers to him, giving away the element of surprise for now and all time. Well done, team." Papa said annoyed and sarcastically. "We don't need the element of surprise. We know he's in Norway, so let's find him..." Carter started but I cut him off "Unfortunately, we now have larger problems than Savage." "If only you'd have listened to me about the dangers of upsetting the timeline." Papa said angrily slamming his hands onto the table. "What are you talking about?" Kendra asked half yelling. "While you were busy saving Norway from nuclear annihilation..." papa started. "You're welcome, Norway." Mick added. "Savage sent one of his cronies back to the site of the arms sale. Anyone care to guess what he found?" I said crossing my arms. Ray looked at his suit and realised that there was a part missing. "Whoops." "I am unversed in modern American colloquialisms. Is "Whoops" slang for "Oh..." Gideon asked. "Yes, Dr. Palmer seems to have thrown a spanner in the works for the entire timeline." Papa answered her question. "Come again?" Stein questioned. "Armed with Dr. Palmer's future technology, Savage's engineers develop a weapon far more destructive than anything here in 1975. This is Central City in 2016. At least it was. I'm not sure what the neo-fascists who took control of it are calling it these days." Papa said showing them the holographic image of Central City. The city was destroyed and on fire. Everyone sighed "There must be a way to correct this somehow." Stein said seaming upset about his home. "Fortunately, Gideon is just showing us a forecast of the future you've all created. Time is like cement. It takes time to become permanent. In this case, until Savage's team have worked out the mystery of your future technology and molded it to their own ends. And when they do, what you see here is no longer just a forecast. This... This is history." Papa sighed.

A few minutes later:

"So thanks to Raymond leaving a piece of his suit in the past, the rest of us don't have a future to go back to?" Snart questioned. Yup thanks Ray for being an amazing super hero (note the sarcasm) "Unless we do something to change this course of events, the future will become immutable." Papa replied. "Exactly how much time do we have?" Ray asked. "Until Savage's weapons team reverse-engineer your tech." I answered. "We're talking 1970s terrorists with 21st-century weapons. And since we don't know where Savage went..." Stein started, Ray cut him off getting up "We don't have to find Savage. We just have to find the other piece of my suit. Which shrinks because it's made of an alloy which mimics intra-molecular compression of dwarf star, thus emitting Alpha Particles." "So we just need to be able to track them. Fortunately, Alpha Particles are highly trackable." Stein said with hope. Now hope is something I like to see. "Yet unheard of in the 1970s. It's like we're trapped in the Stone Age." Ray said contradicting himself. "I'll have you know that I was researching Alpha Particles when you were eating crayons." Stein replied, I'm not sure if he meant that as an insult. "So to track that piece of Raymond's super-suit, we just need to talk to..." Snart started. "Me. 25-year-old me, rather." Stein finished. Carter and Kendra entered the room. "You two are just in time." Papa said. "Show them, Kendra." Carter told her. "Aldus was carrying this when he was killed." Kendra said handing Papa the paper. "It's a newspaper article about an Egyptian dagger." Kendra told us. "The one Savage used to kill us." Carter added. "In Central City, we learned that objects associated with the night of our deaths can also be used to kill Savage." Kendra explained. "According to Aldus's notes, the dagger needs to be wielded in conjunction with an incantation inscribed on it." Carter finished. "What does this incantation say?" I asked. "I don't know. I can't read the language." Kendra replied. "It's okay. I'll help you remember." Carter reassured her. Huh maybe there's hope that he'd be a nice guy after all. "Splendid. Now, as for the dagger..." papa started. "You need someone to steal it." Ray cut him off. Snart took the article out of Papa's hand and said "Okay, fine. Whatever. I'll do it. Article says it was purchased by some rich Russian douche bag named Sasha Mahnovski." "I'll go with you." Ray offered. "I already got a partner." Snart replied. "Who I trust even less than you." Ray snapped. "And I don't trust you so everything's even." I told Ray. He looked a little hurt but it's his fault for being stupid in the common sense department. "Look, you're more than welcome to go with them. Just don't take along any of your future tech. And take Lucinda with you she might be useful." Papa said braking up the fight that was about to occur. I walked out with the others.