Pilot part 1/1

How did the council meeting go, Captain Hunter?" Gideon asked. "Exactly as expected, Gideon." Papa reported. "So we are proceeding?" I asked. "Indeed. Prepare the Waverider for takeoff. Set a course. United States. Star City. January, 2016." Dad told Gideon as he got into the pilots seat and I got into a seat and strapped in. "Ah, the early second millennium A.D. The golden age of gasoline engines, online pornography, and those silly little smartphones. What are we going to retrieve, Captain?" Gideon asked. "Oh, not what. Who. I need you to pull up some files, Gideon. The eight men and women who'll be joining us on our little crusade." Dad told her. "You usually prefer to work alone, Captain." Gideon stated. "This time, I'll need a team." Dad replied as we time jumped

First recruit: Dr. Raymond Palmer. Also known as the Atom.

Next recruit: Sara Lance. Former member of the League of Assassins, also formerly dead.

Firestorm, the merged super-form of one Jefferson Jackson and Professor Martin Stein.

Kendra Saunders and Carter Hall. The latest reincarnations of Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

"There seems to be an error, Captain. These candidates, Leonard Snart and Mick Rory, are a pair of criminals." Gideon reported. "There's no error, Gideon." I replied telling her that we wanted to get them to join our team.

"Aah. What a headache!" Mick Rory complained sitting up. "Stein? What the hell are you doing here?" Leonard Snart asked. "I'm as ignorant as you, for once." Martin Stein insulted. "Where are we?" Sara Lance asked getting up. "Ah. Why don't you ask the dude who knocked us out and kidnapped us? British dude with a flashy thing? Ring any bells?" Jefferson Jackson said not happy that my dad knocked them out understandable. "The name's Rip Hunter. This is my daughter Lucinda. We are from East London. Oh, and the future." Papa told them. "Nice to meet you, Rip. Kid." He said trying to reach his gun. "Uh, while you were unconscious, I may have tampered with your weapons." I told him he looked mad. What can you do a girls got to have fun. "We've assembled you all because we need your help. The future of the world is in peril because of a man by the name of Vandal Savage." Papa told them. "That can't be. We destroyed him." Carter Hall argued. "Yeah, the Green Arrow and Flash helped us do it." Kendra Sanders backed him up. "And therein lay the problem. Unless you or Mr. Hall deliver the death blow, Savage can be restored from but a single cell." Papa explained. "What the hell are you talking about?" Mick asked annoyed. "Vandal is immortal. Kendra and I reincarnate." Carter told them. "Yeah, I've done that." Sara piped in. "And what the hell does this Randall guy got to do with us?" Mick asked not amused. "Vandal." I corrected rolling my eyes. "In the future, he will employ the evil he's perfected over his long life, and the power he has amassed throughout history, to finally conquer the world. I've been tasked with assembling an elite team to stop him." Papa said dramatically. "How?" Sara asked. "To travel through time. To capture Savage before he grows into the monster he becomes." I replied being dramatic. "You got the wrong guy. "Hero" ain't on my resume." Leonard said about to walk off. "Or mine." Mick said following him. "I know it's difficult for you to fathom, but where... when I'm from, the year 2166, you and everyone on this roof aren't just considered heroes... You're legends." Papa told them. Really? They are that must have been before the war started I don't remember a time before that. "Legends?" Ray questioned. "I, um, I hate to nitpick, but doesn't a legend have to be dead?" Stein questioned "Yeah, see, uh, that's a deal breaker for me, so I'm gonna pass." Jefferson said not wanting to die. Wimp. "It's dangerous for any of you to know too much about your own futures, but I am here because each of you, as individuals, is destined for greatness." Papa said dramatically again. Seriously how are me and my papa so alike, I love being dramatic. "I could get behind that." Ray said only wanting to join us because he wanted to be a legend. "And, because if you don't follow me, this is what is in store for your world 150 years from now." Papa said pressing a button showing a hologram of what the world looks like I'm 2166. It hurts so bad to see my home like that. they stood there in shock over what our world becomes. some seems sad some seemed guilty "we could have chosen any time and any place. Of all the people who ever lived, I chose you eight. I certainly hope that you won't let me, and the world, down. If your answer is yes, meet me at this address in 36 hours." Papa said as we walked past them and handed stein a note with the address we wanted to meet them at.