Pilot part 1/2

"Papa were they really legends?" I asked when we got back to the ship. "Yes they were." He replied Unconvincingly. I wanted to argue but I decided to drop the subject thinking that it wasn't important.

"Lucinda come here!" Papa shouted. "Okay coming!" I shouted back from halfway across the brig. I entered his office and papa looked at me holding a locket. "What is that?" I asked curiously. "it was your mothers she was going to give it to you when you turned 16 but I figured that I should give it to you now because she might not be able to give it to you when you turn 16." Papa told me saddened. I looked at the floor trying to not to relive the memory of my mothers and my brothers death. Papa lifted my head up with his index finger gently so I was facing him. He gave me a sad smile knowing what I was thinking about. "Here let me put it on you." Dad said as I turned so my back was facing him. I pulled my hair
out of the way so he could do up the necklace. The necklace was beautiful. On the back of the locket The words 'I am with you now and always' was engraved into it. Inside there was a picture of me and mum and a another picture of me, papa, mum and Jonas we were one happy family. I held the locket close to my chest as I remembered the good times we all had as a family. "Thanks papa I love it" I said with a few tears in my eyes. Papa wiped away my tears and smiled. I'm so glad I have him me and my papa are really alike we have the same sarcasm and sense of humour. Papa hugged me showing his love.

I went to my room and steered at the ceiling thinking and slightly crying about the day I lost two of the most important people to me.

One of the things me and mum used to do was sing. We mainly song Jonas to sleep, we loved singing lullabies because they sounded so innocent we needed that innocence in times like the war with Savage. I started humming I lullaby that mum used to sing to me and Jonas every night. I drifted off to sleep as it was now dark. I also fell sleep because I was tired from crying.

Rip's POV

I walked into Lucinda's room she was sound asleep. She was asleep and didn't have a blanket over her. So I got a blanket that her mother knitted when she was a baby and I put it over her so she could stay warm. I kissed her forehead and I left her to her peaceful slumber.

Sorry this chapter is really short it won't be next chapter hopefully.