Headache (Newt)

Hey, requests are open!! Lemme know. I LOVE YOU!! *swoosh, your in*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's P.O.V.

Today had been a really long day. I was a med-jack and usually, I loved that job. It was very interesting and I liked to help people. I got to chat with my friends, Clint and Jeff, and, some days, I didn't even have to do work!! Of course, I would then go help Newt, my insanely adorable boyfriend and bestfriend, in the gardens. But today, I had the worst head ache imaginable.

My head was throbbing, I literally wanted to rip out my own eye balls. That's how bad it hurt. And it wasn't even lunch.

I had taken some pills tat Jeff had given me to ease the pain, and then I was off to work. I had bandaged up some slicers that were complete and total idiots, and then I tended to Fry who had sliced the tip of his pinky. Being super kind and considerate, he didn't do much talking, just sat there and understood I needed silence. The slicers on the other hand, not so much.

I was currently tending to Minho because he was an idiot and decided it would be a good idea and do cartwheels in the middle of the glade (it was his day off) and sprained his wrist.

"Haha," I croaked out, wincing at the way I had moved my head, seconds prier," you don't even get time off for this injury. Poor little Minho has to keep running his sad little ass off in the maze." I shut my eyes, knowing what I was doing, not needing a visual.

"You okay Yn, you look like you got ran over by a griever." He winced at me as he touched my forehead with his other hand.

"Love you too, min." I chuckled slightly, again wincing at the sudden movement that made my head feel like I smacked it against the wall.

"Goodness hun, Newt is not gonna like this." He sounded like what I imagined a Grandmother would sound. Obviously, I didn't really know what that sounded like, not even remembering my own.

"Hey, if you tell him, I swear to the shucking creators, I will shave your head in your sleep." I scolded, his face looked like I just told him I would murder his family.

"Okay, okay. I wont, I shucking swear to all greivers in heaven I won't. But if you ever touch my head, you little slinthead, I will literally kill you." He said, deadpan.

"Dude, if my head doesn't get to it first." I finished with his hand and sat next to him on the bed, slumping down, head in my hands. I tried oh so desperately to ease the pain, but nothing worked.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N/N. I am gonna go get you some water, I will be right back. Lay down, relax, okay?" He began to get up as he pushed me down on the bed, making me do what I was told.

"But-" I was cut of my him running out the door, yelling something that made my head pound.

"BE RIGHT BACK! DOESNT MATTER! NO BUTS!!" I sighed and took my chance at a quick rest.

I shut my eyes and focused on my breathing, not on the pain. About five minutes later, I heard the door open with a creak. Not wanting to open my eyes, began to thank Minho for the water.

"Thanks Min, again, don't tell Newt." I began to sit up, eyes still closed when the person in front of me began to speak.

"Don't tell me what? That you feel like ripping your own eye balls out of their buggin' sockets? Yeah, don't trust that shuckface with your secrets, love." Newt said as my eyes shot open and my face grew even more pale than It already was.

"Newt, what are you doing here? I'm totally fine! You have work, go back!!" I tried to cover up my lie, not wanting him to worry. I hated when people worried about me. Being the only girl in the glade, I felt weak as it was. But then when I actually WAS weak, I didn't like sympathy.

"Yn, there is no point in hiding it. I know you aren't fine love. I don't want to go back to work, are you kidding me. Wouldn't you want to stop work and go hang out with an angel for a while? Plus, I got permission from Al. He let me have the rest of the day off, you too!!" His voice was quiet and calm, his accent beautifully calming me. I smiled at him as he sat down on the bed beside me, handing me some water and pills.

"Now," He spoke calmly, " what can I do to help?"

"Nothing, babe. You just being here is enough." I smiled as I shut my eyes and took the pills.

"Nonsense," he got up and drew the blinds, making the room quite a bit darker and better on my tired eyes. Newt, being the sweetest person to ever walk the Earth, grabbed a pillow, sat at the end of the bed, and patted his lap.

"Come 'ere love. Let me play with your hair." He smiled genuinely at me as I looked at him, sympathetically.

"Are you sure?" I gingerly crawled over to him, resting my throbbing head on his lap.

"Of course Yn, your acting like I am cutting my arm off for you. Which I would gladly do for you by the way," I chuckled lightly at him, closing my eyes yet again. "You would do the same for me"

With that, he set to work. Pulling at the ends of my hair lightly, massaging my scalp softly. Ever so often, he would kiss my temple or forehead softly.

"You are so cute, I love you more than anything." I mumble to him.

He chuckled slightly, leaned down and softly pressed his soft, pink lips against my pale, chapped ones.

"You are too, my Love. I love you to the moon and back." He whispered against my lips.

"Did you know that if you took each cell make up in your heart, stretched then out and lined them up, it would create the distance to the moon and back." I smile lightly at the little fact I remembered.

"Wow, love. You are so smart. Its funny, you can remember that but you cant remember your last name." He giggled as he played with my long locks.

I sighed in return and he ran his fingers over my forehead, over my eyelids, down the bridge of my nose, across my cupids bow, and down my chin repeating this process, over and over.

I hummed in appreciation to his acts. 

"Go to sleep love," He mumbled quietly.

I soon followed his orders and let the darkness pull me into a restful sleep, no stupid head ach included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I hope you enjoy this book!! Thomas Sangster, Newt, and any of his other characters you can think of. Please, don't forget to request!! I love you all so much.

- Grace (with a really bad headache)