Request (Alex)

Hi!! I wanted to thank  @AlexanderSangster for requesting!! I hope this is what you wanted!! Love ya!! WARNING: suicide attempt. Read at your own risk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex's P.O.V.

Something was up with him. He wasn't my Newtie. I could feel it. The sparkle in his deep chocolaty eyes had dulled to the point I couldn't recognize them as my own. It hurt more then anything, knowing there was something wrong, but not being able to fix it.

He had gone out in the maze yesterday, leaving me with a brief goodbye but nothing more. No good bye kiss, no little hug, nothing. Now, Newt wasn't the one for P.D.A, but he always made me feel loved. Made me know that I was his, he was mine. But he hadn't been doing anything lately.  

I could tell it wasn't his fault, he seemed so broken, so hurt, stretched so thin. The pressure of the Maze had finally caught up with him I guess.

I had tried to make him happy, lift his spirits. I had asked fry to prepare a special picnic about a week ago, and I made it a romantic as a guy in the glade could. Candle lite, at sunset, I had even packed extra cheese, knowing it was his favorite, yet he only cracked a week smile, trying his hardest to hid the fact he was breaking from the inside out.

He hadn't been sleeping much lately either. I would pull on him, desperately trying to get him some shut eye. Being the runner he was, he needed the rest. Sometimes I would get a little "I'll be there in a minute Al, go to bed" or a "Sweet dreams love."

When he did come to bed, he would stay up all night. Once I tried to stay up with him, but it was no use, I couldn't make myself do it.

This behavior coming from my boyfriend sent me into a spiraling pit of depression. I did everything I could not to cut, knowing it would break Newts heart. When we first came up in that bloody box, it was something I did to cope with the terrors of this hell hole. But Newt saved me, put my pieces back together. But now that my glue wasn't even holding himself together, it wasn't working anymore.

This morning, Newt was acting even worse then he had in the past. Ever.

I was at the Maze entrance, sending him off, hoping desperately he would come back to me, same old Newt I fell in love with.

"I will see you later, my love." I said to him.

He stepped forward and, to my surprise, took me into his strong arms. There was an obvious height difference, be being around a year younger then him, and he was a tall man.

"I love you, Alex. Never forget that." And with that, he was off.

Those words kept playing over and over in my head. I love you, Alex. Never forget that. I love you. Never forget that. Never forget that. NEVER FORGET THAT!!

Then I realized, never forget that. Meaning he would not be here to remind me. He wasn't going to be here.

ALL SHUCKING DAY I HAVE BEEN HERE!!! WORKING IN THE STUPID GARDENS WHEN I SHOULD BE SAVING THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!

 With that, I made my way, quickly but discreetly towards the maze doors. Nobody stopped me knowing that I wasn't stupid enough to go into the maze. Not being a runner. I had been here a good year, and had those three rules burned into my brain. It would be stupid to go into the maze without permission.

But I went in any ways, not caring if anyone saw me. I needed to save the love of my shucking life. Even if I would be banished or hurt, I didn't even care if I got killed, but my Newt would stay safe.

I made my way threw the maze surprisingly fast, for not being a runner that is. I took a few twists and turns, running out of breath and twisting my ankle in the process. Even with the excruciating pain pulsing threw my left foot, I kept my pace, not caring one bit.

Soon enough, I saw him, climbing one of those stupid, bloody walls.

"NEWT, YOU GET OFF THAT SHUCKING WALL RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!" I screamed at him, wet tears running down my pale face.

"I am sorry my love, I cant take it any more. You must go back, say I got attacked by a griever." He said, his voice cracked with pain as he made his way up the wall.

"What!!? Are you kidding? No!! I love you more than life itself, I am not going back there with out you in my arms!!" I screamed at him bloody murder. He was not getting away with this shit.

"I am sorry, so, so sorry." He mumbled as he looked back at me, his dark, broken eyes connected with my icy, pained ones.

I bolted towards the wall he was climbing, and began to climb it as well. I got a closer look at his broken, little form. He had to have lost at least 20 pounds in the past couple of weeks, his body shook with pain, terror, stress, it was horrible.  His face was coated in a thin layer of fresh and dried tears, his hair wasn't as soft and golden as it used to be. It stuck to his forehead, sweaty and brittle.

I'm sure I was just as much of a mess as he was. I could feel the sadness and depression course through my body like a disease.

Then it happened.

"NEWT!!" I screamed as he jumped. I pushed off the wall as fast as humanly possible and reached my arms out as far as they could go, trying to grasp onto his frail frame. Luckily, I did just in time, pulled his body onto mine, and cushioned his fall enough to save his life, but you know what they say.

Newts P.O.V.

A life for a life.

"NOOO!!!" I screamed as a fresh wave of pain hit my body. Mentally, spiritually, and physically. It didn't work. My bloody plan DIDNT WORK!! I was still stuck on this planet were my demons could haunt me whenever they buggin' pleased.

I opened my eyes to see the love of my life, unconscious and broken underneath me. His beautiful blue eyes were sunken in and shut, not bright and full of happiness, not like the ones I had fallen in love with. The pink lips I had kissed time and time again were pale and chapped, I couldn't handle it any more.

"What!? No!! Alex! Alexander I swear!! IF YOU DIE I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF!! ALEX!!! No, no, no, no." I started out screaming when my situation registered in my mind. Now I was just whimpering like the pathetic glader people like to call newt.

I cradled him in my arms, try desperately to bring him back to this hell hole. But it was no use. No matter how many times I kissed his lips, they weren't turning pink. His eyes wouldn't open, I couldn't do anything.

There was no use in living any more. I was already dead inside, but I know Alex would want me to stay here, try and make someone's life happy, the way he did with every body else's life. I would never be as happy as he was, as bubbly or beautiful or strong, but I would try to make him proud. I am a coward (NO NEWT!!! YOU ARE NOT A COWARD!! YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN!!) but, I would try and make Al happy.

I tried to stand up, but my bloody leg was destroyed. I hadn't noticed it yet, but the pain was incredible. As if someone had taken a hammer to it and destroyed it. There was no use in walking back to that bloody hell hole, so I just lay down next to my Love, my Al, and let the pain take me away.

*I'm gonna let you decide how this one ends*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was the most depressing thing I have ever written. I hope you like it, Alex :). It isn't the best thing I have ever writen, I am sorry. Thank you all for reading. I will be posting Angies request tomorrow (sorry its taking so long!!! I wrote it and then it was completely  wrong!! ahh!! I am so sorry!!) so, STAY TUNED!! I love you all so much, feel free to keep requesting, even if you already have. Have a wonderful day, and go read some cute Newt fluff to lighten your spirits!! ;* I LOVE YOU!!!!!

-Grace